September 2018 Parish Council Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council. Held in the Village Hall on Monday 3 September 2018 at 7.30 pm

Attendees: Chairing the meeting: Cllr K Higgins (Chair), Cllr G Morgan, Cllr P Smith, Cllr J Wodey, Cllr M Burgess, Cllr B Bottomley, 12 members of public, N Dickens, J Sergeant, Cllr Janet Blake (BCC).

1. Apologies: Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr A Pryke, Cllr P Delafield

2. Open Forum:
A report was received on the Scout Hut building. The building should be watertight by 10/10/18. Costs have been higher than expected. Revised roofing materials not yet approved by ADVC.

Concerns expressed by several Dove St residents about a letter proposing closure of access road for repairs. Issues included: parking, security of cars and tools; emergency vehicle access. Action PC to investigate and report back to residents. Cllr Blake to be kept informed.

Residents also requested action on bins left out, ditch and rubbish clearance on Soulbury Rd. Action: Clerk to write to residents about their bins

A report was received from Neil Dickens on the Neighbourhood Plan. He also made the Council aware of a vehicle crime near Tythe Close which involved threats to local residents who tried to intervene.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda:  No interests were declared.

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Monday 2 July 2018.
Item 2 Open Forum was adjusted to read “The Plan is nearing the point of being submitted to P Jobson for his comments”.
The minutes were then accepted as being an accurate record of the last meeting.

5. Planning: to discuss planning applications and make recommendations.

a. Ratify support for 2 Old Coal Yard, Stewkley, Bucks LU7 0FT reference number: 18/02611/APP Comments required by first September

b. Two further planning applications could not be dealt with as they came in after the publication of the agenda. Clerk to seek extension to allow for decisions at next meeting.

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any action
a) CM/0005/18 & 18/00275/ACC – Red Brick Farm.
SPC agreed unanimously to withdraw from the Judicial Review of the decision on the above planning application on receiving legal advice that the case was no longer strong enough to justify risk of further expenditure of parish finance.
Discussion took place on linking poor air quality cause by lorries and dust to the objections to the legal challenge. However, it was agreed that the cause of the pollution was difficult to determine precisely to one origin.
It was agreed to accept BCC meeting to discuss enforcement of the conditions. A preparatory skype/conference call meeting was agreed with the subcommittee and the solicitor, and approval given for SPC to bear the legal costs up to 2 hours.

b) Data protection and FOI – Clerk gave details of update to Housing Association List and of progress with FOI cost sheet.

c) Scout hut lease – update given. Cllr Morgan to follow up.

d) WW1 Exhibition –Unanimous agreement to obtain Silhouette of Tommy, “Lest we Forget” to be ordered from Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal with donation- £250. Clerk to order.

Proposed to add a name of a soldier to the silhouette. Names to be rotated. Clerk to contact British Legion for name list.

e) Devolved services contract – Unanimous agreement to continue with Devolved Formula Agreement and for Cllr Bottomley to express interest and further investigate candidacy of the DF plus suggestion.

f) Griffin Field Adoption-actions Cllr Bottomley to confirm the grass cutting arrangements

g) Adoption of new roads-Contact to be made with BCC regarding response Cllr Higgins

h) Grit Bins-David Lett to be contacted to swap grit bin at Dove St with Sycamore Close Grit Bin. And following response from residents and VAHT, to relocate the latter to the corner of Sycamore Close. Cllr Bottomley to action.

i) Community transport project- initial meeting of sub-group lead by Cllr Wodey, arranged for 4th September including contacts from other parishes.

j) Street lighting-land at 66 High Street North comments referred to planners: one standard street lamp at entrance and one about half way down.

k) Glebe Lands – kissing gate now installed.

l) Community engagement Thames Valley police – notification of on line forum by TVP 10/9/18 at 1700hrs. Councillors information.

m) Linkman-draft job description circulated by Cllr Bottomley for discussion at next meeting.

n) Scout Hut roof 16/B1419/D I S as discussed in open forum.

o)  East West rail – Clerk to reorder USB as original has been misplaced.

7. Neighbourhood plan: To receive an update from the steering group and agree any actions arising; – update to be circulated-clerk.

8. Recreation ground: to note any outstanding requirements and agree any actions;
New warning sign to be installed for play equipment. Cllr Bottomley to liaise with Chair of Recreation Committee re location.
Council was notified that the foot rests on the equipment can be slippery when wet.

9. Highways, footways and footpath’s lighting: Update and agree any actions arising;
Light opposite 30 Dunton Rd faulty. Griffin Fields Runway lights vandalised.
Clerk to arrange repairs.
Notification of Bletchley Rd works by TfB considered weak by residents Cllr Higgins to report.

10. Stewkley wildlife reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required;
Expenditure on seeds and batteries for cameras authorised. See below for detail.

11. Burial Ground:
To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required.
Diesel fuel for mowing.
Burial-ground extension subcommittee-possible environmental agency risk assessment required for extension to burial grounds.
Subcommittee to report back to the council following discussions about preferred hedging and timings to plant.
Extension planned to follow the line of the carpark back to the existing burial ground hedge.

12. Finance:
a. Community fund 2018.
Applications:
£350 from Scouts for fireworks 3/11/18
£250 SPC “Lest we forget, Tommy”
Both agreed after applying community fund criteria test.

b. Budget monitoring-Clerk presented Budget monitoring report for period 1 April 18 to 31 July 18

c. Draw checks and BACS payments
Cheques
136 £378 “RE Wright Engineering
(Tractor Service and Parts)”
20 – £563 Clerk’s Salary
21 – £183.32 Expenses
22 – £20.90 Batteries for Wildlife reserve camera
23 – £184 Seeds-wildlife reserve
BACS
£2767.2 Laceys for work on Scout Hut Lease
£1200 Arrandale for legal advice on Judicial Review
Cheque returned £298.59 BMKALC (invoice paid twice)

13. General items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add items to the next agenda:
Cllr Morgan informed PC about a meeting proposed with newly appointed AVDC Cabinet Member for Planning and Enforcement, Peter Strachan, and NBPPC councillors.
Stewkley PC will be represented at this meeting in early October.
Action: Parish Councillors were asked to forward any comments they would like raised at the meeting to Cllrs Morgan or Pryke

14. Date of next meeting: 1 October 2018

15. Closed session: Confidential matters minuted separately.