October 7th 2019 Parish Council Minutes

Minutes Stewkley Parish Council Meeting, 7.30pm, 7th October 2019

Attendees: (Chair) Cllr Higgins, (Vice Chair) Cllr Morgan, Cllr Smith, Cllr Wodey, Cllr Burgess, Cllr Pragnell, Cllr Pryke, Cllr Delafield, Cllr Bottomley, Clerk: Rob Mann and 8 members of the public.

1 Receive Apologies:
No Apologies

2 Open Forum:
5 young members of the public presented the views of their group known as’ Eco Warriors’.
They urged the PC to use its power to influence other councils and supermarkets to reduce plastic use; to stop litter in the park; reduce pollution; and to encourage greater recycling. The group gave examples of how local and wider problems affected wildlife, climate and other wide-ranging issues.

Report on Playground Play Equipment and Toilets Project

It was reported that a considerable amount of fund raising had taken place using funds from the New Homes Bonus, Land Fill grants, surplus from Recfest and Obstacle Race Sponsorship.
The Parish Council was asked to support the project with a request for up to £5000 pounds to match further funding efforts.
To complete the whole project will require £70,000. Enough funding has been raised to complete the bulk of the project which could then be extended as further funding targets are reached. Further engagement with the village will be required to amass the full amount.

The project leader publicly thanked the farmers who provided equipment and all those involved for the success of the obstacle course fund raising of £2,200.

A leader from the Stewkley Scouts requested £500 from the Community Fund for a fireworks display.

3 Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: to declare any interests.
No interests were declared.

4 To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on 2nd September 2019
The minutes were confirmed as a true record of the meeting.

5 Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendation.
a) Single-storey front extension and internal alterations
7 Manor Drive Stewkley Buckinghamshire LU7 0JE
19/03178/APP.
Stewkley Parish Council resolved to support this application.
Action – Clerk
b) Discharge of Conditions – no discussion took place.
c) Two storey side extension and garage conversion
14 Bletchley Road
Stewkley Parish Council resolved to support this application and to ask that any new windows that overlook neighbouring gardens be semi-transparent. In addition, the plans should be drawn to show the parking areas.
Action – Clerk
d) 19/03169/APP Littlecote Farm, Littlecote, Stewkley.
Demolition of farm shop and erection of a permanent rural workers
dwelling/garage and a farm shop.
Stewkley Parish Council agreed to support the application subject to an agricultural tenancy agreement.
Action – Clerk

6 Finance

a) Budget Monitoring was noted.
b) Stewkley PC unanimously agreed to award £5000 to the playground project.
c) SPC unanimously agreed to accept the Devolved Formula extension offer. This funding would help to finance the original grass cutting and additional grass cutting following the withdrawal of VAHT from cutting highway verges.
Action – Clerk to accept offer.
d) SPC unanimously agreed to provide the Scouts with £500, from the community fund, for fireworks.
e) A meeting was set up to formulate new financial procedures for 2019.
Action Cllrs Higgins, Morgan, Delafield and Clerk.
f) SPC unanimously agreed to meet with DCK Accounting Solutions for ½ day for VAT advice Action- Clerk.

-Break-

7 To draw cheques, ratify BACS payments and to check accounts.

The following invoices were checked.
Reconciliation for Sept 2019 was also checked.

 

 

 

8 To discuss correspondence received since last meeting.
a) It was noted that the barriers and stop signs for Remembrance Day had been ordered.
b) Play around the Parish was discussed, and early booking was agreed to take advantage of a discount.
Action – Cllr Higgins to contact Cygnets re suitable dates.
c) Insurance renewal was noted.
d) Cllr Higgins thanked all involved in the Best Kept Village award ceremony. Action – Cllr Higgins to send thanks to people involved with refreshments at the Rec. Expenses of £10.58 were agreed.
Action – Cllr Higgins to seek display location for the De Fraine Cup.
e) Cllr Higgins gave a short report on the Spinney and requested funds of up to £50 which were agreed for the prewinter tidy up to ensure Stewkley’s agreement with BCC.

9 Neighbourhood Plan: To receive an update from the steering group and agree any actions arising;

Cllr Morgan reported that the next stage of Consultancy has started. Final invoices had been received for publishing from DLP. The first invoice for consultancy work for ONeill Homer for £2700 was received.
SPC noted success in obtaining a grant of £8000 from Groundworks which will pay for the latter consultant’s fees.

10 Recreation Ground: To note any outstanding requirements and agree any actions;
Cllr Bottomley reported that deficiencies in the adult exercise equipment had been reported to the manufacturer and a response was awaited.

11 Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: Update and agree any actions arising.
a) The Clerk gave a brief report on contacts with other PCs that had jointly researched LED street lighting with SPC in 2015. The following PCs showed interest in working together on next steps: Penn, Edelsborough and Quainton. Wing PC intend to respond later.
Three quotes for repair to runway bollard lights have been received. Sparkx quote being the cheapest. Action – Cllr Higgins to make contact for wider discussions.
A quote has been received to restore the Column in Dove St to vertical and a quote for the replacement of the photo cells has been obtained further quotes to be sought.
Action – Clerk.
b) The new Speed indicating device (SID) has been put in place. The cost of a new mounting kit was agreed.
Action- Cllr Higgins to convene a meeting of the Traffic Subcommittee to continue traffic calming efforts.

Drainage issues on Ivy Lane were discussed. Discussion followed regarding the long-term problem of flooding in Ivy Lane. Action – Cllr Bottomley to ask for drain to be cleared.

SPC agreed £9 for purchase of the 1 tonne Hippobag. They also agreed for the regular cost of £80 for the removal of waste stored in the Hippobag.

12 Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required;
SPC agreed to £219.30 for seeds.

13 Burial Ground: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required.
SPC agreed to mower repairs of £120 by RE Wright Engineering and petrol for mower at £19.38.
A donation for half the cost of the mower repair was accepted.

14 General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add items to the next agenda.
Cllr Wodey commented on the next Community Bus trip to St Alban sand future trips to MK and Poplars Nursery (near Toddington) which will be entirely self-funding.
Action – Cllr Wodey to update notes from Waddesden Community Transport Project.
Concerns were expressed re hedge removal and car crossing verge to park on Dove St. Action Clerk to contact Vaht.

Meeting closed 10.15pm

15 Date of Next Meeting.
4th November 2019