Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Pavilion, Stewkley Recreation Ground on Monday 2 October 2017 at 7.30pm
Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr K Higgins (Vice-Chair), Cllr M Burgess, Cllr G Morgan, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr P Smith, Cllr B Bottomley, Cllr A Pryke, Natasha Pritchard (Clerk), and 16 members of the public.
1. Receive Apologies: PSCO Tina Hobson, Cllr Janet Blake
2. Open Forum:
A resident attended to read a statement in the relation to the Chapter House planning application 17/01648/APP and the proposed appeal by St. Michael’s Church. The planning application will be on the November agenda.
11 residents attended to ask questions and get an update on the action being taken against HGVs which continue to frequent Dunton Road and actions being taken in relation to planning application CM/48/17.
3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: to declare any interests. No interests declared.
4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Monday 4th September 2017 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The minutes were agreed by email and signed on Tuesday 3rd October.
5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations. No planning applications were discussed.
6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:
a.B&MK ALC Annual General Meeting – November 10th – Councillors were advised and invited to attend.
b. Best Kept Village – presentation and lunch update – The Parish Council extend their thanks to a number of residents who assisted with baked goods, flower displays and on the day arrangements. Further the village shop for their generous gesture of supplying refreshments.
c. Play around the parishes 2018 – Wednesday 8th August 2018 am confirmed.
d. Rec defibrillator – Cllr Morgan to confirm with the Rec committee on next steps at their next meeting on 11th October.
e. Pavilion on AVDC list of community assets – The Council extended their thanks to Cllr Morgan. The application is now pending review by AVDC.
f. Scout Hut –The Council were advised that one of the Scout leaders will be emailing more information on a drainage solution they have received.
g. Confirm position on REC SKY & BT requirements – The Council agreed on their position and this will be communicated at the next Rec committee meeting on 11th October.
h. Dog bins – Cllr Bottomley agreed to move the damaged red dog bin from High Street South, repair it and reposition it on a site on Dunton Road. Cllr Pragnell to assist with best place. The November agenda to discuss a dog warden visiting Stewkley with Cllr Janet Blake.
i. Finance meeting – The workshop is confirmed for Wednesday 18th October 7-9pm and will discuss the financial requirements of the Parish for 2018.
j. Stewkley development projects – The Council agreed to an increase in the cost of adult gym equipment as a result of more complex installation needs which reflect the specific grass cutting requirements of the Rec. The cost is now £9,800 (ex VAT). Cllr Bottomley will be discussing alternative positions for the equipment with the Rec chair.
7. Broadband: To receive a progress update. Cllr K Higgins updated that AVB continues to focus on residents that already have a pot outside their property. A batch of faulty routers has slowed progress.
8. Neighbourhood Plan: To receive an update from the Steering group and agree any actions arising; no questions were asked or raised.
9. Recreation Ground: To note progress towards the pavilion refurbishment and agree any actions. Cllr Morgan updated that there are only minor considerations in relation to pavilion refurbishment now and any final payments are being handled by the Rec committee. Fire safety assessment and certification are ongoing. Tree safety is being handled by the Rec chair – some trees at risk due to age and/or position are being checked.
10. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: To note highways issues and agree any actions arising
a. Status of repairs to roads – A new jet patcher is expected to be used for future visits to Stewkley. Pot holes in Ivy Lane and Haywood Park have been filled in.
b. Dunton Road traffic – The Council discussed and agreed a draft which will object to application CM/48/17 to operate a waste site at Red Brick Farm. The Clerk to address a number of questions with AVDC in relation to the submission of images, non-disclosure of personal information for residents wishing to leave comments on the application and investigate an extension based on information missing from the application
11. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required; An invoice for batteries £19.08 were received and approved.
a. To review the budget monitoring report – no comments were made and the budget approved.
b. To draw cheques and approve BACS payments
New Signage £124
Oak Posts £65
Clerk’s Salary £534.54
BMALC Membership £31.85
13. Councillor’s General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda. Cllr Pragnell shared that the hedge outside a High Street North residence needs to be trimmed back. Cllr Pryke shared that a right hand side ditch heading out of the village requires attention. Cllr Burgess raised the weeds issue in the village and will be discussing a presentation cupboard for the Best Kept Village cup and presentation certificate at the next committee meeting. Cllr Morgan advised the Council on the Great Brickhill, Wing & Ivinghoe Local Area Forum being held at the Pavilion on Thursday 5th October 2017, 7.00 pm. Cllr Higgins reported that a resident had proposed the placement of low level planters outside residences on the High Street to act as a deterrent to vehicles parking on the pavement. A meeting with the resident is planned before the November PC meeting.
Date of next meeting: The Next Parish Council meeting will be on November 6th at 7.30pm.
The meeting closed at 9.45pm