MINUTES Parish Council meeting Monday 7th February 2022

Minutes of a Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held on Monday 7th February 2022 at 7.30pm at the Stewkley Village Hall

Cllr Higgins (Chair), Cllr Morgan (Vice-Chair), Cllr Arthur, Cllr Bottomley, Cllr Burgess, Cllr Delafield, Cllr Hunt, Cllr Pryke and Joanna Simonds, Clerk & RFO. No members of the public present

1. Apologies for absence
Cllr Simeone, and Unitary Cllr Gomm

2. Declarations of interest

3. Open Forum
No members of the public were present.

4. Update from Buckinghamshire Unitary Councillor, Phil Gomm
Cllr Gomm emailed to say “only update was that of the up-and-coming Buckinghamshire Council
budget at the end of the year.”

5. To approve the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 10th January 2022
Proposed: Cllr Bottomley / Seconded: Cllr Morgan / Agreed unanimously

6. Planning applications
21/00145/APP – STEWKLEY – The Old School, Chapel Square, Stewkley LU7 0HA
Cllrs resolved to SUPPORT this application
Proposed: Cllr Morgan / Seconded: Cllr Hunt / Agreed unanimously

Cllrs requested a new agenda item “Enforcement Issues” be added going forward Action Clerk

7. Finance
To approve the February payment run as circulated

Stewkley parish council payments February 2022

Proposed: Cllr Morgan
Seconded: Cllr Delafield
Agreed unanimously

The Clerk referenced an email received from a resident asking for advice on a planning matter. Cllr Pryke said the Clerk could forward the email to him, however, if similar enquires are received, the best advice is to direct parishioners to the online planning portal, where there is a document called Permitted Development explaining the process. It also covers Conservation, as whilst one may not always require planning permission, conservation area consent may be needed. He added that if members of the public would like to attend PC meetings and raise their proposed applications, that is another forum that would be encouraged.

To approve the Accounts to 31st December 2021
Proposed: Cllr Bottomley / Seconded: Cllr Arthur / Agreed unanimously

8. Queen’s Platinum Jubilee – June 2022
Planning is going well, those approached has been very receptive, and keen to contribute as an organisation.
A 7m high gas fired beacon has been sourced and will be hired for the week at a cost of £500 plus delivery & VAT.
Cllr Bottomley presented an idea of creating a short stretch of wall made out of authentic Stewkley brick, displaying pottery plaques portraying some of Stewkley’s history.
On tree planting, Alan Dickens has some substantial specimens of both Hornbeam and Oak in large pots that could be used. Cllr Hunt will speak with Dandara about sponsoring a Jubilee Tree, and the Chairman mentioned that the WI would also like permission to plant a tree in the wildlife reserve so that to be kept in mind whilst the PC run through all the tree planting options.

9. Neighbourhood Plan
Cllr Morgan asked that thanks be recorded in the minutes for delivery of the plans to all Stewkley homes. It was a sterling effort all round on Cllrs behalf getting these delivered in such a timely manner. The Chairman also paid great thanks to Cllr Morgan for the preparation work that had gone in to making this happen.

To discuss re-arranging the date for the 14th December postponed “Thank You” event
The Chairman agreed to check early March dates with the Village Hall and then run this by Cllrs before reaching out to Neil, Steve and Janette. Action Chairman Once a new date is set, the Clerk to reach out to those on the original invitation list. Action Clerk

10. New residents Welcome Day
Cllr Delafield ran through the working party’s suggested proposal to hold a welcome day. The event would target all age groups, be held a couple of times a year, predominantly for newcomers to the village, to help them integrate and share with them what groups and activities go on in the village. The thinking for the two events is to hold one in April and one in October, probably on a Sunday between 10am and 4pm. Cllrs agreed the working group should plan for a first launch day in the Autumn. Action Welcome Day working party

11. Tennis Club Hut
Cllrs suggested this item be postponed to March, in order to first give the Rec Committee time to discuss this item at their next meeting.

12. Community Fund Application
Cllrs agreed unanimously to support for RecFest funding application. Action Clerk

13. Buckinghamshire Local Plan expected in 2025
Although the questionnaire is anonymous, Cllr Morgan confirmed she had completed it as an individual. Following lengthy discussion though, Cllrs agreed the Parish Council would not comment.

14. Recreation Ground
Cllr Morgan confirmed that the Rec Committee would be considering the Bike Shelter at their meeting later this week, and if support is given, an application will be made to the community board for funding.

15. Highways, Footpaths, and Lighting

Cllr Arthur confirmed two quotations have been received from the four lighting providers contacted, and that Sparkx have been asked to provide a breakdown of all the parts they have replaced so we know what our most common failures are. Regarding bollards in the runway, Sparkx have come up with a couple of suggestions and Cllrs agreed to delegate authority to Cllrs Arthur and Bottomley to get these works completed. Action Cllrs Arthur and Bottomley

Reports have been made that people are still bagging up dog excrement and throwing it in the hedge in the wildlife reserve. This to be reported again in the Grapevine. Action Clerk

The Chairman referenced the busy traffic around the school and advised that he was looking to get the flashing lights that used to be in operation outside the school, re-instated. They were taken down when we lost the school patrol, but we believe the posts are still wired up, so TfB will provide a quotation and a funding application will then be made to the Community Board.

16. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve
Nothing to report

17. To report on meetings attended
Cllr Morgan highlighted a couple of particularly interesting points from the recent NBPPC Mtg:

There was some annoyance that Bucks planning appear to be setting up side conversations with Ward Councillors over planning issues, rather than talking to the towns and parishes themselves, diminishing even more the role that towns and parishes have in their own local planning decisions. It would be helpful to hear Cllr Gomm’s thoughts on this at the next meeting and whether he could communicate with the PC before participating in any such meetings.

Unbeknown to us, it transpires that as a PC we have the ability to send into the planning authority, our own personal wish list of things we would like out of S106 funding for education and highways. With Wing Road not yet approved, Cllrs agreed it sensible to get a list drawn up and submitted to Steve Bambrick, Director of Planning. If we don’t put a request in for consideration, the money automatically goes to Buckinghamshire Education and Buckinghamshire Transport, which is what happened with Soulbury Road.

18. Date of next meeting
Monday 7th March 2022 at 7.30pm at The Village Hall

The Chairman confirmed the meeting closed at 21:38