MINUTES Parish Council Meeting 4th October 2021

Minutes of a Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held on Monday 4th October 2021 at 7.30pm at the Stewkley Village Hall

Present: Cllr Higgins (Chair), Cllr Morgan (Vice-Chair), Cllr Bottomley, Cllr Burgess, Cllr Delafield, Cllr Hunt, Cllr Pryke, Cllr Simeone, Joanna Simonds, Clerk & RFO. No members of the public.

1. Apologies for absence
Cllr Andrew Arthur and Unitary Cllr Phil Gomm

2. Declarations of interest

3. Open Forum
Cllr Simeone referenced the leak in Chapel Street recently fixed by Anglian Water and said it is developing another leak in the same place. Cllr Simone said he would get this reported.

4. Update from Buckinghamshire Unitary Councillor, Phil Gomm

Cllr Gomm emailed his update during the meeting and this was read out by the Clerk as follows:

  • The Gully Cleaner and Drain Sucker is programmed for our Ward October/November.
  • The Rural Speeding Task Force will have some actions to do for those showing interest and there are some real good ones, which I hope you all will support in a joint effort and I’m working with TVP with the trial runout of the new SpeedWatch system but it’s not happening in all areas. It will be interesting to see how this will lead to a better enforcement programme.
  • Planning enforcement is ongoing on two sites in Stewkley which you are already aware.
  • Dandara…site manager has agreed with one point contact meetings with them so we discuss issues and action outcomes, with a timeline. Officers from BCC will attend if/when required and Scott from Dandara has agreed the same from his company. I will coordinate with your Chairman when the first and monthly meetings will be held. All issues and actions will go through this group.

5. To approve the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 6th September 2021

Proposed: Cllr Morgan Seconded: Cllr Bottomley Agreed unanimously

6. Planning applications

21/03584/COUAR Old Lower Dean Farm, Dean Road, Stewkley LU7 0EU

Following lengthy discussion, Cllrs were divided in opinion so the Chairman asked for a show of hands for those in favour and those against. The result was 3 x NO OBJECTION and 4 x OPPOSE. Proposed: Cllr Bottomley
Seconded: Cllr Pryke

Cllr Morgan abstained from voting

CM/0061/20 Red Brick Farm, Dunton Road,Stewkley LU7 0LU

Cllrs were unanimous in their opposition to this application and the Chairman agreed to draft the objection note and pass this to the Clerk once ready for publication. Action Chairman/Clerk Proposed: Cllr Morgan
Seconded: Cllr Delafield

Agreed unanimously

21/03760/APP 26 Manor Drive, Stewkley LU7 0JE

Cllrs voted in favour to SUPPORT this application. Proposed: Cllr Bottomley
Seconded: Cllr Hunt
Agreed unanimously

21/03750/APP 46 Dove Street, Stewkley LU7 0HT

With the AVDC design guide in mind, Cllrs considered this application to be poor in design, falling below the minimum standard expected, and not in keeping with the character of that part of the village. Cllrs resolved to OPPOSE this application.
Proposed: Cllr Morgan

Seconded: Cllr Higgins Agreed unanimously

21/03374/COUAF – Penton Farm, Dunton Road, Stewkley

Having previously OPPOSED this application, Cllrs were now in receipt of an email confirming the applicants’ intentions. In view of this, Cllrs agreed to submit a new comment of NO OBJECTION. Propose: Cllr Higgins
Seconded: Cllr Hunt

Agreed unanimously

7. Finance

• To agree the October payment run as circulated

Proposed: Cllr Morgan Seconded: Cllr Delafield Agreed unanimously

  • To approve the Accounts to 31st August 2021 Proposed: Cllr Morgan
    Seconded: Cllr Bottomley
    Agreed unanimously
  • To approve the Clerk applying for a debit card on the PC bank account Proposed: Cllr Higgins
    Seconded: Cllr Delafield
    Agreed unanimously

8. Queen’s Platinum Jubilee – June 2022

Cllrs agreed the PC should act as a catalyst for next year’s celebratory event, and Cllr Pryke suggested that at the next PC Meeting on 1st November, we invite all the local groups to come along at 7pm, with the aim of recruiting some volunteers to form an organising committee and ideally get someone to take the lead. Cllrs agreed this was an excellent idea and that lead names for the various contact groups be forward to the Clerk so that she can email around to drum up interest. Action Clerk

9. Remembrance Sunday

The Clerk confirmed she had received confirmation from Highways that we could once again use their barriers and road closure signs. They also offered to allow us to keep them for future events, and Cllr Hunt confirmed he was content storing these items. Confirmation is still required regarding the actual road closure; the Clerk to look into this. Action Clerk

10. Neighbourhood Plan

Cllrs agreed the Open Meeting had gone very well and paid thanks to Cllr Morgan for her excellent presentation. The laminated posters have now been produced and Cllrs agreed that between them they would get these put up on all entry roads into the village. Action All Cllrs

11. Open day for new villagers

Cllr Delafield’s proposal of an induction day for newcomers to the village was reviewed. In principle, Cllrs thought this a good idea, and given that we will potentially have many of the village groups in attendance at the next meeting, it was suggested that could be an ideal opportunity to get interest from other groups. In the meantime, the Chairman suggested it be raised at the next Rec Committee.

12. Community Fund Application

Cllrs reviewed the Scout’s application and agreed to provide funding of £500. Proposed: Cllr Bottomley
Seconded: Cllr Higgins
Agreed unanimously

13. Volunteer Medical Transport Team

The Chairman confirmed two people have put their names forward to take over as Coordinator. Cllrs welcomed the continuation of the scheme, seeing it as supporting a vulnerable part of the community, and with Cllrs full backing, it was agreed to trial through to April 2022. The Chairman will go back to the two volunteers, confirming this will be set up on a free basis with the PC picking up any incidental costs, including a mobile phone. The Clerk to investigate a dedicated phone. Action Clerk

14. Oxford-Cambridge ARC

Cllr Morgan referenced her recent email summary of the Zoom meeting with BEAG, covered in last month’s Grapevine. Covering 5 counties from Oxfordshire to Cambridge, this affects the whole of the county, and would potentially be talking up to 1 million houses. The consultation finishes on 12th October, and all parishes in Buckinghamshire are being encouraged to submit comments on behalf of their Parish and Town Councils, and also write to Greg Smith MP Action Cllr Morgan/Chairman.

15. Lawn Cemetery gates

Cllrs agreed to reach out to Robert Goss to take a look at the sticking gates. Action Chairman

16. Recreation Ground

Cllr Hunt received a note from Alan about dog pooh bag usage for 2021 and how we’ve got through 3,850 since 1st March. The Chairman suggested Cllr Hunt thank Alan for letting us know and that Cllrs raise the large usage of bags at the next Rec Committee. Action Cllrs Hunt and Higgins

17. Highways, Footpaths, and Lighting

  • The Chairman confirmed that Robert Goss will do a second big hedge cut on Wednesday.
  • The Clerk has a call with Devolved services tomorrow so will ask about the Stewkley hedges and why if they were the PC’s responsibility, were we not told sooner and compensated accordingly.
  • In order to move the lighting project along, it was discussed and agreed that (i) Cllrs Bottomley and Delafield should check the terms and time span of the tender document produced by Cllr Arthur and then once happy, pass this to the Clerk who would start the tender process. Action Cllrs Bottomley/Delafied/Clerk, and (ii) in the meantime, continue to make repairs on an adhoc basis, potentially using Aylesbury Mains where possible, who do appear to come out considerably cheaper.

18. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve

Nothing to report

19. To report on meetings attended

The Chairman and Cllr Delafield attended the recent BALC AGM.

20. Date of next meeting

Monday 1st November 2021 at 7.30pm at The Pavilion.

The meeting closed at 21:34