MINUTES Parish Council Meeting 1st February 2021

Minutes Stewkley Parish Council Meeting, 7.30pm Monday 1st February 2021

Attendees: (Chair) Cllr Higgins, (Vice Chair) Cllr Morgan, Cllr Wodey, Cllr Burgess, Cllr Arthur, Cllr Hunt, Cllr Pryke, Cllr Delafield, Cllr Bottomley, Clerk: Rob Mann
Vernon Loo EWR liaison, Ian Carter TVP and 2 members of the public.

1 Receive Apologies: to accept apologies for absence.
No apologies were received.

2 Open Forum:
Part one
PC Ian Carter
reported that police work is mainly focused on Covid but also noted an uptick in rural crime with criminals targeting allotments, sheds, and farm. He commented on police impersonation, bank fraud affecting residents in Newton Longville and asked SPC to work with the police in raising public awareness with posters etc.
He informed SPC that a new PCSO who would be linked with Stewkley, would be joining the team in early February. Inconsiderate parking was raised as a concern for future discussion.
Vernon Loo commented on the Bucks Highway’s code for the types of road closures for EWR, pointing out that access for homeowners and business personnel would be allowed into roads that had ‘soft closures’. The width of the road and speed limit determine the type of closure.
Part two
Cllrs asked the applicant questions regarding the justification for an agricultural worker’s dwelling in item 5 b).

3 Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: to declare any interests.
Cllr Hunt declared an interest in item 5b).

4 To confirm the minutes of the previous SPC Zoom Meeting on 7th December 2020.
The minutes were confirmed as a true representation of the meeting.

5 Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendation.

a) Erection of rear extension with mezzanine level and new front entry porch
Oak Tree Barn Stewkley Lane Mursley MK17 0JD 20/04251/APP
SPC agreed not to object to this application. However, a comment regarding the headroom of the stairs and first floor space would be submitted.
Action – Cllr Pryke to provide comment for Clerk to submit.

b) Agricultural workers dwelling
Walducks Farm Soulbury Road Stewkley Buckinghamshire LU7 0HW
20/04401/APP |Expiry: Wed 03 Feb 2021.
Cllr Hunt left the meeting. (2050hrs-2102hrs).
The meeting was closed, and Open Forum (part 2) was resumed.
2118hrs – The meeting was reopened. Cllr Hunt left the meeting.
Action – Clerk to submit no objection but to comment that SPC had concerns about the justification for an agricultural worker’s dwelling.

c) St Michael’s Park.
Land Off Soulbury Road and Dove Street, Stewkley 20/00823/ADP.
SPC considered that the modifications in the latest version of this application were significant and resolved to support the application.
Action – Clerk to contact Amy Atkins to set up a meeting to manage the details of the construction phase.

6 Finance

a) Budget Monitoring. Clerk. To note (see Dropbox)
The budget monitoring was noted.

7. To draw cheques, ratify BACS payments and to check accounts – to note (see Dropbox)

The accounts check by Cllr Delafield was noted.
Payments as shown below were agreed.

Cllr Delafield reported that the accounts had been checked and were in order.

Parish council payments January 2021

8 Corona Virus Action

a) Laptop donations – actions and progress.
7 donated and reconditioned laptops went out to pupils last week.  A Stewkley resident is assisting with the resetting and refurbishment. The Grapevine has published an article to promote the scheme.
Action Cllr Morgan to refresh SPC post for donation request on Facebook.
SPC resolved to purchase £1500 refurbished computers to donate to St Michaels School

b) Volunteers actions – report.
Volunteers continue to support villagers during lockdown although the demand has shrunk to only 7 shopping or prescription collections and one friendly phone call. Volunteers have also been collecting donated laptops.

9 To discuss correspondence received since last meeting.

a) BKV organisers are reviewing the future of this year’s competition and have sought the views of Stewkley and other current holders. With the strong encouragement of Stewkley’s BKV organiser, SPC will support it, if held, and if not, will encourage villagers to make their usual contributions to tidying on an individual basis.
Action – Cllr Higgins to write to Clive Parker BKV competition organiser.

b) Community assets – The Swan and The Carpenters Arms.
Cllr Morgan reported that the Community asset status of The Swan and Carpenters Arms had reached the end of their 5-year term.
Action – Cllr Morgan to arrange relisting.

c) Stewkley conservation area.
Article showing rules published in GV – noted.

d) Play Around the Parish.
SPC decided to apply for 2 hrs of activities with sports at a cost of £460 for 2pm-4pm on 23rd August 2021 at the Rec.

10 Neighbourhood Plan: To receive an update from the steering group and agree any actions
Statutory consultees have submitted comments which go to independent examiner. Steering group may need to revisit some aspects in preparation for the examiner’s responses.

11 Recreation Ground: To note any outstanding requirements and agree any actions;
Playground project still in need of final snagging from HAGS.
Toilet remains closed due to requirements for cleaning to the standard of hygiene required for Covid. Most public toilets are closed for the same reason.

12 Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: Update and agree any actions arising.

a) Streetlights – update subcommittee.
Cllr Arthur reported that the assets had been clarified and captured in the document in Dropbox. A two-year, priority schedule for repair and build had been drawn up and costs were being gathered. An important step would be to add asset codes to a QR tracker. This would track all repairs and maintenance.
The commercial benchmarking is complete. Sparkx was identified as a likely contender for a maintenance contract subject to negotiation. The negotiation to include service level agreement.
Action – Cllr Arthur to lead next steps with other members of subcommittee: Cllrs Bottomley, Delafield and the Clerk.

b) Lighting plan St Michaels Park (see Dropbox).
SPC supported the latest lighting scheme.
Action – Clerk to inform designer.

c) EWR Works, Road and Footpath Closures schedule (see Dropbox).
No further discussion.

d) Linksman.
Cllr Bottomley reported that the linksman would be improving the notice boards, bus shelters and Burial Ground benches. Payment, insurance, and tools to be organised through SEA. Hippo Bag stored on local farm for collection of waste.

e) Courtneidge Close Adoption.
Cllr Higgins reported no change in status.

13 Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required;
No report.

14 Burial Ground: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required.
No expenditure.

15 General items

To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add items to the next agenda.
Light outside church was reported.
Cllrs to send photos, of road signs that are broken or need ‘cul de sac’ to be added, to the Clerk.
The damage to verges from lorries and delivery vehicles was noted. It was suggested that photographs of the number plates could be sent to The Clerk – to seek reparation.
Cllr Bottomley reported that the post box opposite St Michaels Church has a NHS priority status and it would be helpful to advertise this to the village via the FB page and posters.

Meeting closed 10.16pm

16 Date of Next Meeting.