June 2018 Parish Council Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Village Hall
on Monday 4th June 2018 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr K Higgins (Chair), Cllr G Morgan (Vice Chair),Cllr J Wodey, Cllr B Bottomley, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr A Pryke, Cllr P Smith, Robert Mann (Clerk), Natasha Pritchard (Clerk) Cllr Blake (BCC) and 6 members of the public.

1. Receive Apologies: to accept apologies for absence.
Cllr M Burgess

2. Open Forum: some discussion regarding community transport and ensuring that £85,000 from Soulbury Rd Section 106 agreement would be given to Stewkley PC from Bucks County Council. The council was updated on the neighbourhood plan.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda:
No interests were declared by any members

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Tuesday 8 May 2018.
The minutes of previous parish council meeting were confirmed and signed as an accurate record.

5. To discuss planning applications and make recommendations.

a) 18/01552/APP – Land adjoining Dunton Road Proposed all-weather arena and stable block
The council resolved to support this application.
b) 18/01578/APP – Demolition of existing conservatory, replace with single storey rear extension – 4 Lovetts End
The council resolved to support this application
c) 18/01664/APP – Single storey front and rear, two storey side extension 22 Dove Street
The council resolved to support this application
d) 18/01701/APP – Erection of agricultural barn/workshop – North Farm Littlecote
The council resolved to support this application

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:

a) CM/0005/18 & 18/00275/ACC – Red Brick Farm Update
Detailed responses have been submitted which highlight weaknesses in the Noise & Vibration report. The chairman was assured by BCC that these emails and other correspondence will be taken into account for the planning officer’s report which will be completed by 8th of June for publication on the 22nd of June.
b) Data Protection and FOI – update and website hosting.
Discussions were held on the GDPR spreadsheet (the action plan) uploaded to the Parish Council dropbox.
Cllr Higgins confirmed that small councils do not have to have a data protection officer.
Other matters arising
Cllrs to continue to use home computers rather than computers purchased solely for parish council work. Procedures to be written/updated to note that Cllrs.will ensure data is kept in a protected area; acknowledgement that computer and other electronic devices have been cleansed to be sent to Clerk when councillors leave the council;
Cllrs to set up dedicated gmail accounts specifically for parish council emails. Then to clear any contacts not required for current purposes. This to be acknowledged as completed by signing a declaration and sending to the clerk;
Cllr Morgan offered a shredder to the Clerk.
Ensure that high quality passwords are used to protect access to personal data. E.g. 8 characters are to include capitals, small case, symbols and numbers.

Arrange Dropbox workshop. Natasha Pritchard (retiring clerk) and Cllr Smith
Clerk to check with BMKALC for advice on charges related to FOI
To confirm waiting list for affordable housing

Cllr Higgins pointed out that by enacting the ‘action plan’ we are moving towards GDPR which is enough to satisfy the requirements of the Regulation which came into effect on 24 May:

Spreadsheet in DropBox to be updated by Cllr Morgan and will be reviewed again at next meeting.

c)Parish Council Post
The local school has given permission and access for the Parish Council to have Parish Council post box installed on the wall near the main building entrance.
Clerk to purchase stout, external box and provide sign identifying it as the parish council post box
d)Parish notice boards – to discuss responsibilities
Cllrs to take responsibility for notice boards:
Grubbs Close: Cllr Higgins
Sycamore Close: Cllr Wodey
Parish Church: Cllr Burgess
Methodist Chapel: Cllr Bottomley
e) Clerk’s office equipment -to approve future purchases
Purchase of equipment for Parish Clerk: Computer, printer, phone only to be used for parish council work. (Clerk already has laminator);
Purchase approved
f) Best kept village – update: written report John Flewin was read out
g) Mobile Library – Offer from David Jones (BCC Officer in charge of mobile library) to come to July meeting. David Jones to be invited, visit to be announced and a follow-up article in the Grapevine to be suggested.
h) Scout Hut Lease – update of current position: the file is close to completion and will shortly be sent for a final check by Cllrs Smith, Morgan and Higgins. It was agreed that unless there were major issues outstanding, the draft lease would be forwarded to the scout’s solicitor while SPC continue to review the draft for any final changes/amendments.
This process may cause some delay so the council resolved to accept Scouts’ request to allow the builder to break ground before the finalisation of the lease. Cllr Morgan to inform the scouts of this and to confirm contact details of the scouts solicitor.
i) Soulbury Road – buffer zone consultation update :
The comments and suggestions provided following the consultation will be collated and passed on to the Denisons Investments to continue the dialogue between them, the selected developer, and the Parish Council. As expected, no single scheme covers all wishes.
j) APM arrangements – to consider for next year
A working group of Cllrs Pragnell, Morgan, and Bottomley agreed to plan a more attractive format for next year.
k) Grit Bins – proposal from Chairman
To remove the grit bin from Sycamore Close and to use the grit to refill the remaining 5 bins, which also need cleaning.
Clerk to prepare and distribute a leaflet for Autumn to inform residents near Sycamore Close affected by the proposed action and to offer an opportunity to contribute to the discussion.
l) WWI Exhibition – Request for SPC further financial support
The council resolved to support this exhibition with a further amount of £100
m) Planting around post box opposite church – to discuss and decide
The council agreed that this could go ahead. Clerk to notify resident who made the offer.

7. Broadband: To receive a progress update on activities;
Gigaclear expected to return to Stewkley late June to continue work on Stewkley “South” It was noted that this item will now be removed from the standing agenda for the council, as the implementation of broadband provision is now in hand and updates can be managed via the Grapevine..

8. Neighbourhood Plan: To receive an update from the steering group and agree any actions arising;
Report was received and is available in DropBox. If not available should we not summarise the detail of the report. Second raft of NP will be available for NPSG and SPC to review shortly. Meeting of NPSG fixed for 18 June to discuss 2nd draft and make recommendations to be sent back to Paul Jobson. Chairman to attend a meeting in Reading on June 6 on NP development.

9. Recreation Ground: To note any outstanding requirements and agree any actions;
Discussion regarding a proposed purchase of 2 picnic tables and the question of asset ownership and recovery of VAT. Further clarification to be sought on whether there are established criteria on what assets SPC should consider holding to enable VAT recovery.
The new adult gym ‘safe use sign’ to be provided by parish council. Cllr Bottomley to organise.

10. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: To note highways issues and agree any actions arising
a) Status of repairs to roads
Update from Cllr Higgins – Two complaints from residents regarding flooding and drain clearance in Fishweir were received via the website. Gully clearing takes place on a long rota. The SEA are not able to work on the carriageway. A possible approach might be made to the farmer.
b) Traffic calming – speed indicating device – nothing to report
c) Bletchley Road Verge: awaiting comments from TfB re soil deposits on verge normally mown by SEA.

11. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required;
No actions required.
12. Burial Ground: Repairs to potholes. To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required
Clerk reported that the holes should soon be filled. Cllr Pryke suggested that photos should be taken of the repair prior to the use of the car park by heavy plant working on the scout hut.
13. Finance:
a) To approve the 2018/2019 budget
The budget was approved with minor modification.
b) Annual audit of accounts – Section 2 of AGAR signed
c) Approve web hosting: modification of renewed contract was approved
d) Rec grant – revised formula
Revised formula based on updated number of dwellings and RPI was approved
e) To draw cheques and BACS payments – to be confirmed at the meeting
Cheque 514 Bus shelter paint and brushes £19-99
Cheque 515 APM refreshments £12-33
BACS Clerk expenses £4-55
Cheque 517 finance training Clerk £37-06
Cheque 518 Councillor training Clerk £38-32
Cheque 519 Mode transport planning £300
Cheque 520 SEA £576
Cheque 521 Website HA £70
Cheque 522 Krystal Hygiene £158-66
Cheque 524 Remedial VAT payment £3444-85
Cheque 525 Defib honorarium £100
Cheque 526 BKV plants £71-91
Cheque 527 BMKALC course and parking £39-56
Cheque 529 Web Hosting £143-28
BACS Clerks Salary £654-62

14. Councillor’s General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda.
15. Cllr Morgan to complete the CIL and S106 survey circulated by BALC on behalf of SPC.
16. Agree the date of the next meeting. Monday 2nd July 2018