December 2018 Parish Council Minutes

Minutes Stewkley Parish Council Meeting 7.30 pm, 3 DEC 2018

Attendees: (Chair) Cllr Higgins, (Vice Chair) Cllr Morgan, Cllr Smith, Cllr Wodey, Cllr Pryke, Cllr Pragnell, Cllr Burgess, Cllr Delafield. 2 members of the public. N Dickens,

1. Receive Apologies: Cllr Bottomley

2. Open Forum:
Neil Dickens said that, although there was no monthly report, work had been going ahead with the writing. The third version of the report had been distributed to the steering group for analysis after significant reduction in length by Janette Eustace. The report is now readable and is a good step forward. Documentation on Landscape, Housing Planning; and Basic Conditions still to be completed. Basic Conditions is the most legal document with links to National Policies. It must be passed by AVDC for the Neighbourhood plan to be accepted. A 3rd party may be required to help.
The developer for Soulbury Rd Housing cannot yet be revealed as due diligence is taking longer than expected.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: Cllr Wodey declared a non-financial interest in items: 5b and 5d.

4. To confirm the minutes: The minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Monday 5 November 2018 were confirmed as an accurate record and signed by Cllr Higgins.

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendation.

a) Erection of two new detached dwellings to rear of 74 & 90 High Street South Stewkley
Ref. No: 18/03979/APP
SPC resolved object on three grounds: access, overdevelopment/ massing; inadequate parking.
b) Single storey side and rear extensions
141 High Street North Stewkley Buckinghamshire LU7 0EX 18/03922/APP
SPC resolved to support the application.
c) Demolition of existing conservatory and single storey rear extension and construction of a new single storey rear extension.
46 High Street North Stewkley Buckinghamshire LU7 0EW 18/04022/APP
SPC resolved to support the application.
Cllr Morgan left the meeting.
d) Demolition of flat roofs to utility and garage areas, adjustments to front parking area, new storm canopies to front and side, rear extension and replacement roof.
1 Dean Road Stewkley Buckinghamshire LU7 0ET 18/04029/APP
The Council agreed to discuss this application with the applicant. Action: Cllrs Pryke and Higgins to meet with applicant. SPC decided to support the application subject to the discussions with the applicant and agent.
e) Single storey rear extension and internal alterations
42 High Street South Stewkley Buckinghamshire LU7 0HR 18/04130/APP
SPC resolved to support the application with the condition that the materials and workmanship are to be consistent with the existing building.

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any action.
a) CM/0005/18 & 18/00275/ACC – Red Brick Farm, update Cllr Higgins
Various Cllrs met BCC representatives regarding the process leading to granting of the above planning permission and the future mitigation of the noise and vibration.
An apology was received from Cllr Chapple OBE for the way the public consultation meeting was chaired.
The current plan to mitigate the effects of noise and vibration are being reviewed by the Environmental Health officer and may include:
To investigate regulation of speed of tipper lorries to 20mph;
To hold a new vibration study inside buildings;
Separately, BCC Transport manager may investigate the number of vehicles at key junction and we could use MVAS data for comparison with the data used by BCC.
It was proposed that a group consisting of Cllrs and local people should be formed to liaise with Red Brick Farm operator. Article in February GV
b) 17/04373 Cricketers Close – Update Cllr Higgins
Planning process moving to conclusion with Committee meeting 13 Dec for final comments.
Extra parking is looking unlikely. Abbey Mills may incorporate white lines near the visual splay which should help with visibility for vehicles entering and leaving the site.
Cllr Pryke to email comments to Clerk
c) SPC Publication and Charges Sheet agreed.
d) Audit of Personal Data: noted – further discussions to take place with Cllrs re any personal data they may hold.
e) Scout Hut drainage easement – permission for easement for drainage has been given by one owner but rescinded by the other. Discussions with owners continue. SPC solicitor to send Draft Deed of Easement.
Some of the owner’s requirements may have cost implications for the PC.
Action Cllr Higgins follow up.
f) Pub Lunch Club: 2 new members added this month. Cllrs invited to attend on rotation basis. To be attended by Cllr Wodey this month.
g) Christmas Tree – expenditure. £100 to Cancer Research authorised.
Cllr Wodey reminded the PC that the Christmas tree was a PC initiative and required more involvement from PC. Cllr Wodey agreed to act as coordinator in future.
Expenditure on new lights for the Christmas tree was authorised from Clerk’s discretionary fund.
h) Proposal to support BEAG campaign against Ox-Cam Expressway.
SPC decided to delay this proposal to January Council meeting and to seek a voice through the NBPCC. Action Clerk to liaise with other PCs.
PC agreed to accept Clerk’s self-appraisal format and to change Clerk’s status from probationary to permanent following completion of 6-month probationary period.

7. Neighbourhood Plan: SPC noted progress in Neil Dicken’s comments in Open Forum

8. Recreation Ground: noted that SRGA would install defibrillator in unlocked, external cabinet

9. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting:
It was noted that the mud on Dunton Rd. outside RBF had been reported by the Clerk to redbrickfarm@dohertytippers.co.uk but had received no response. Various broken lights have been reported to CU Phosco who said that they would investigate soon. Some lights not working for more than 2 months. The lighting contract with CU Phosco lasts until Sept-20 and includes repair parts and labour. Response times to call outs are not formalised. They are scheduled for efficiency and should not be more than a month.
Footpath stew 1/stew 22- no response following report to enforcement agency. Action Clerk

10. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: No expenditure this month.

11. Burial Ground: No expenditure or other actions. Action Clerk to follow up on notice board repair.

12. Finance:
a. Community fund 2018 – Stewkley Vicarage Cricket Club Application for £500 was carefully considered: £300 for an electronic scoreboard was agreed
b. Budget Monitoring sheet noted.
c. Precept: To note agreement to keep precept at the 2018 rate. Financial advice to retain 25% of total precept for reserve regeneration was considered but it was decided that a portion of the reserve should be disbursed on projects to benefit the Stewkley community. Regeneration of the reserve could be achieved later.
Cllr Smith noted that the precept request form should be filled in and sent off for the January return. Action Clerk.

13. To draw cheques and ratify BACS payments – The following payments were agreed

payments December 2018

Cllr Morgan returned to meeting at 9 pm

14. General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add items to the next agenda
Cllr Pryke inquired about the cost of Wing’s raised pedestrian crossing tables on the road near the Stewkley turning. Action Clerk.
Parish Council will be invited to attend a governors’ committee to liaise with St Michael’s C of E School on 28 Feb 2019. A budget for a gift was agreed for D Draper for the extra voluntary work she has carried out for Remembrance Day.
Cllr Higgins raised the need for the Village to have a new Champion for BKV as the previous incumbent has stepped down.
The community transport hired from Winslow will be having its first trial run on a shopping run this month. Reservation of seats is a requirement.

15. Date of next meeting Monday 7 January 2019
Meeting closed 9.45 pm