August 2018 Parish Council Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Village Hall
On Monday 3 August 2018 at 7. 30 p.m.

Attendees: Chairing the meeting: Cllr G Morgan, (Vice-Chair), Cllr M Burgess, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr A Pryke, Cllr P Smith, Cllr J Wodey, Rob Mann (Clerk), Cllr Janet Blake, Neil Dickens, Andy Dunn and 3 members of the public.

1. Receive Apologies: Cllr B Bottomley and Cllr K Higgins

2. Open Forum: A report was received on the scout hut building. The building is ordered the roofing material requires a decision from Aylesbury Vale District Council.

(Item 7 Neighbourhood plan brought forward) Neil Dickens gave an update to the Neighbourhood Plan.
The Plan is nearing the point of being written up by P Johnson. Additional funding is available for this process. AVDC pay for the printing and further processing.

Cllr Janet Blake questioned whether a full report at PC meetings was necessary as virtually all communications are now sent out by email to Clerks and Cll’rs.

Preliminary discussion of Red Brick Farm (agenda item 6a)
A donation has been offered to support SPC in preparing for a Judicial Review of the BCC decision to allow CM/0005/18 and 18/00275/ACC.

Motion proposed: to take action against the RBF committee decision
SPC decided unanimously to take action against the RBF committee decision.

Motion proposed: to ratify Judicial Review Pre-application Letters
SPC unanimously decided to ratify Judicial Review Pre-application Letters

Motion Proposed: to instruct a barrister to prepare documents to take a JR forward.
SPC unanimously agreed to instruct a barrister to prepare documents to take a JR forward.

Motion proposed to accept a donation towards the initial costs for the preparation.
SPC decided by a majority to accept a donation towards the initial costs for the preparation.
Cll’rs Wodey and Smith against the motion. Cllr G Morgan, (Vice-Chair), Cllr M Burgess, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr A Pryke were for the motion.

Motion proposed: SPC communicate with the whole village with the website, grapevine and door to door flyers regarding what The Council has done and what needs to be done next.

SPC formally, unanimously agreed that SPC has instructed James Arrandale.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: to declare any interests. There were none.

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on 2 July 2018 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The minutes were agreed and signed.

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations.

a) 17/03956/AOP | Outline Planning Application with access to be considered and all other matters reserved for Residential development (C3) comprising 50 Dwellings (50% Open Market/50% Affordable), Associated Roads, Drainage, Car Parking, Servicing, Footpaths, Cycleways, Public Open Space / Informal Open Space and Landscaping. | Land North Of Leighton Road (a4146) Soulbury Buckinghamshire

SPC had no comment on this Application

b) Planning Application
Merrycroft 45B High Street North Stewkley Buckinghamshire LU7 0EZ
Ref. No: 18/02388/APP | Received: Thu 05 Jul 2018 | Validated: Fri 13 Jul 2018 | Status: Pending Consideration

SPC resolved to object to this Application on the grounds of overdevelopment.

An additional planning item was discussed which was posted by ADVC after agenda publication:

2 Old Coal Yard Stewkley Buckinghamshire LU7 0FT
Ref. No: 18/02611/APP | Received: Tue 24 Jul 2018 | Validated: Tue 24 Jul 2018 | Status: Awaiting decision

STP resolved to support this application. To be ratified at the next meeting

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:
a) RBF (see open forum).
Next steps: to see levels of support for JR in village; to reach out to other affected communities
E.g. Wing and Hoggeston;
Write flyer: Action: Cllr Delafield.
Organise survey on Website: Action: Cllr Morgan

b) GDPR
Action plan updated. Action: Cllr Morgan and Clerk

c) BKV- result 2018- runners up
SPC to buy token present for JF

d) The invoice from Laceys Solicitor was discussed and payment agreed. £2306 + VAT
Peter Cathcart’s costs have been requested by Clerk

e) Grit Bins. The information flyer was circulated and received a positive response from a resident. No negative responses received. Phase 1 to clean bins and break up and move grit in action.
Note to be placed on bine re removal. Action: Clerk

f) Street lighting for 66 HSN. SPC will suggest to the developers: the same lighting as the rest of village i.e. one lamp post street light at junction and one about half way down the development.

g) Community transport project – details of the resident who responded will be passed to Cllr Wodey. Action: Clerk.

7. Neighbourhood plan (see open forum)

8. Recreation Ground
Letter of thanks to be sent to organisers of Rec Fest to thank them for their efforts.

9. Highways, Footways and Footpath Lighting
The request for action on the stile on the edge of the wildlife area was reiterated.
Action: Clerk to contact A. McVail

10. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve
Fuel bill presented for payment. Flower seed to be ordered.
.
11. Councillor’s General Items:

Cllr Delafield reported back from LLAL meeting that the increased number of ‘planes using Luton Airport would not affect Stewkley.
Report to website of a broken bench: this has been removed for safety and a quote for repair sought.
No explanation for the damage.

Date of next meeting: The Next Parish Council meeting will be on 3 September 2018 at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 10.22pm