April 2019 Parish Council Minutes

Minutes Stewkley Parish Council Meeting, 7.30pm 1 April 2019

Attendees: (Chair) Cllr Higgins, Cllr Bottomley, Cllr Smith, Cllr Wodey, Cllr Pryke, Cllr Burgess, Cllr Delafield, Cllr Pragnell. Clerk: Rob Mann. 4 members of the public. Cllr Blake, Neil Dickens, PCSO Megan Dean.

1) Receive Apologies: Cllr Morgan.

2) Open Forum:
PCSO Dean: re van thefts, cross border police work had led to arrests.
Anti-social behaviour: a suspect had been identified and actions taken. Vale of Aylesbury Housing Trust also aware.
PCSO agreed to put notices on the cars on HSS near Dunton Rd junction to point out that the parking whilst not illegal was inconsiderate. Mud on Dunton Rd is an issue for Transport for Bucks to clear up and charge the cost to those responsible.
PCSO Dean is planning a ‘Have your say’ meeting in Stewkley. It was suggested that early advice of dates would help with publicity in the Grapevine.
Cllr Blake highlighted Bletchley Road closures 10-15 April for work by Western Power.

3) Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: The clerk declared an interest in item 5.f.

4) To confirm the minutes: The minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Monday, 1 April 2019 were confirmed as a true record and were signed and dated by Cllr Higgins.

5) Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendation.
a) Single storey rear extension
158 High Street North, 19/00786/APP
SPC resolved to support this application.
b) Erection of front porch
93 Stockhall Crescent, Stewkley
19/00747/APP | Received: Wed 27 Feb 2019
SPC resolved to support this application.
c) Erection of first-floor side & two-storey rear extension
160 High Street North, Stewkley
19/00980/APP Concern about mass and scale of the extension.SPC resolved to object pending further discussion with the applicant.
Action: Cllr Pryke and Cllr Higgins to set up meeting.
d) Proposed Building
Walducks Farm Soulbury Road, Stewkley
SPC resolved to support this application.
e) Loft conversion with dormer extension to side and single storey side extension
173 High Street North 19/01031/APP Cllrs decided that this extension’s bulk, scale and design is out of character with the existing building. SPC resolved to object
f) Amendment to 18/03979/APP land to the rear of 74 and 90 High Street South.
SPC resolved to confirm its previous objection to the application despite the amendment.

6) To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any action.
a) Land opposite No2 Ivy Lane. Appeal to Secretary of State. SPC response sent to Sec of State. SPC noted the response from AVDC which had defended its case strongly.
b) Revised Standing Orders – no update available
c) Dunton Rd Traffic: Cllr Higgins commented on a recent traffic count which should deliver data by 5/4/19.
The Clerk’s invitation email to RBF to form a liaison group with SPC has received no response. Action: Mitchel Pugh to be contacted by Cllr Blake to advance the liaison group idea.
d) GDPR – no update
e) Organisation of the APM: Various ideas discussed with the aim to encourage greater public participation.
3 items agreed: to have refreshments; shorter speeches; presentation of new audio tour
Action:

  • Cllr Bottomley and others to propose detailed arrangements.
  • Clerk to invite committees and groups to provide written reports and to offer short talks if they wish.
  • Cllr Higgins to provide publicity for the Grapevine.

f) Maintenance Person Advertisement in Grapevine – no responses so far.
g) BKV – Clerk has reviewed map in line with altered competition criteria and has entered The DeFraine Cup.
Action Clerk to coordinate road sweeping before and after kerb cleaning. To coordinate litter collection groups prior to judging in early June.
h) Audio History Tour – Cllr Bottomley demonstrated the new Audio tour on Stewkley Parish Council Website
i) Verges – Cllr Higgins confirmed reseeding by Gigaclear to be accompanied with installation of ‘Keep off the Grass’ posters on the verges.
j) Publishing of Parish Councillors’ addresses: advice is to continue as now.
k) Naming new development 66 High Street North. road name confirmed: Cricketers Close
l) Footpath survey was briefly discussed. Action: Cllr Wodey to combine with Stewkley Walkers group to respond.

7) Neighbourhood Plan:

  • Nearly completed documents of the draft have gone to NPSG members.
  • Agent for Soulbury Road has indicated that there is a purchaser. But he anticipates a prolonged process.
  • The proposed mix for this site presented at a public meeting 11/3/17 has not been included so far in the NP. The longer lead time allows a proposal to be included in the NP and may influence the outcome.
  • The excellent work on the redrafting by Janette Eustace may obviate the need for a graphic designer.

8) Recreation Ground: No comments made.

9) Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting:
No progress with the Runway bollard lights or ivy on street lamp. Action: Clerk Alternative options to be sought.

10) Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required;
SPC agreed: the repair of the vandalised notice board; and the purchase of seed and plants for the wildlife area. Videos from the wildlife area have been transferred to the new hard drive and the camera is currently recording Spring wildlife.

11) Burial Ground: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required.
SPC agreed to expenditure on rose fertilizer and treatment for black spot on the roses.
Action: Clerk to commission survey of soil and groundwater for burial ground extension.

12) Finance
a) Budget Monitoring. The most recent Budget Monitoring Sheet was noted.
b) SPC approved the budget plan for 2019-20
It was agreed that in future the budget approval would be discussed in October and approved and signed off by November.
Cllr Smith inquired about the submission of FPO payments. The payments are noted by 2 Cllrs each month. The Clerk submits the payments electronically using the TSB software.

13) To draw cheques and ratify BACS payments:
The following payments were read out and explained:

SPC April payments

14) General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add items to the next agenda;

Cllr Bottomley reported that the Pub Lunch scheme continued to be well attended.
Cllr Higgins announced that George Harper has decided to retire as Speed watch Coordinator after 7 years. A successor will be sought. The PC noted its appreciation of his efforts.
Cllr Higgins & the Clerk attended an AVDC introduction to a new planning portal.
Cllrs Smith and Higgins attended the BMKALC Parish Liaison meeting. Minutes circulated.

15) Dates of next meetings:
Annual Parish Council Meeting – Tuesday 7 May 2019 at 19.30
Parish Council Meeting – Tuesday 7 May at 20.00
Annual Parish Meeting – Monday 13 May Village Hall.

Meeting Closed 10. 20 pm.