April 2018 Parish Council Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Village Hall, Stewkley on Tuesday 3 April 2018 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr K Higgins (Vice-Chair), Cllr M Burgess, Cllr G Morgan, Cllr A Pryke, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr P Smith, Cllr Janet Blake and 8 members of the public.

1. Receive Apologies: Cllr B Bottomley

2. Open Forum:

Cllr Janet Blake attended the meeting to provide an update. BCC is launching an online reporting tool ‘Fix my street’. Dates for roll-out are to be confirmed. AVDC will be hosting an event in Aylesbury on Tuesday 24 April in response to Secretary of State Sajid Javid’s ‘minded to’ announcement about a single county-wide unitary for Bucks

The Cllr is also pressing for updates/works to be done on Dean Road/Littlecote and mentioned a potential grant that the organisers of the Stewkley REC Fest could apply for. Cllr Higgins enquired about Mursley Road resurfacing. Cllr Morgan asked about the VALP. A resident also asked for an update on the Mobile Library Consultation.

9 residents attended the meeting and made comments on the following; planning application c) 18/00694/APP, e) 18/00995/AGN, Soulbury Road buffer zone and the progression of the scout hut.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: to declare any interests. Cllr. Burgess

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Monday 5th March 2018 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The minutes were agreed and signed.

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations.

a) CM/0005/18 – Red Brick Farm – Stewkley Parish Council to prepare a response for the LBO to the March 27th article “Recycling plant bosses appeal to community to back plans”
b) 18/00472/APP – First floor extension – 165 High Street North – Although this extension makes the ‘block’ large it does not appear to have a detrimental effect on the neighboring property. The Council resolved to SUPPORT the application.
c) 18/00694/APP – Restorative store room at the rear of the retail shop – 44 High Street North – pending correction to the location plan and further clarification, the Council was minded to object. Cllr Higgins to investigate the application further.
d) 18/00890/AGN – 18/00890/AGN – Erection of agricultural building | Forge Farm Wing Road – The Council resolved to SUPPORT the application.
e) 18/00995/AGN – 18/00995/AGN – Erection of portal framed building | Grange Farm Bletchley Road – Pending the application going live again, the Council resolved to SUPPORT the application.

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:

a. EON/Western Power Update – The Clerk updated that we now have an accurate bill from EON and should have a correct bill from April. The Clerk to evaluate whether we can save money from another energy supplier.
b. East West Rail – Update – The Clerk to follow up on an invitation to Network Rail to attend a Parish meeting.
c. Best Kept Village – The application will be sent by the Clerk on Wednesday 4 April
d. Councillor and Parish Clerk Application – Update – The Clerk has received four expressions of interest for the Clerk role and a sub-committee has been created to review applications and set an interview date(s).
e. Scout Hut Lease – The Clerk explained the decision to change solicitor in more detail. A draft for the lease is now expected this month. The Council agreed for the Burial Ground car park to be closed to allow the Scouts drainage to be installed. Date(s) to be confirmed.
f. Soulbury Road – Buffer Zone – A workshop was proposed to discuss ideas for the buffer zone in more detail. Information to be shared at the Annual Parish Meeting on 21 May.
g. GDPR – A workshop for Councillors is to be organised by the Clerk to discuss GDPR and Data Protection in more detail. Cllr Morgan to share papers from Data Protection & Freedom of Information training event she attended. To be added to the May agenda.
h. LAF – Update from March 19 – Cllr Higgins shared highlights from the meeting. The next meeting is in Stewkley on 9 July.
i. Unitary Authority – Discussion on who will attend the two events on 18 and 24 April. Cllrs. Wodey, Morgan and Smith to attend sessions.
j. Annual Parish Meeting Arrangements – Light refreshments to be served and Cllr Bottomley and Burgess to organise. Refreshments 6.30-7pm. Meeting commences 7.30pm,
k. Bucks Draft Freight Strategy – Public consultation closes April 9th. Cllr Higgins circulated comments from recent LAF Traffic subcommittee which were critical and will draft input on behalf of PC.
l. Stewkley Lawn Cemetery – Proposal of a sub-committee to review requirements for the extension of the lawn cemetery.

7. Broadband: Gigaclear have updated Cllr. Higgins. Progress has been made towards Drayton Parslow along the Mursley Road and along HSN towards Sycamore Close. Ivy Lane works to commence w/c 9 April. Grubbs Close in early May. No plan for the rest has been received to date.

8. Neighbourhood Plan: Cllr Morgan updated that a steering committee had not been held of late and it needs to be convened. Cllr Wodey to email NP Chair for an update.

9. Recreation Ground: To note any outstanding requirements and agree on any actions; A REC sub-committee will look at the costs for 2018/9 and may make a formal approach to the Parish Council to discuss any changes in funding.

10. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: To note highways issues and agree any actions arising
a. Status of repairs to roads – Cllr. Higgins reported on successful use of the TfB online portal for pothole repairs in High Street North and Wing Road.
b. Our LAT had sent an update on the lining & signage around the War memorial. Still in planning.
c. Traffic Calming – No progress.

11. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required; A receipt for batteries £4.74 received for rose fertiliser.

12. Finance:

a. To review the budget monitoring report –
b. To draw cheques and approve BACS payments

BMKALC £298.59
Defib battery – Village Hall £282
Clerk’s Salary (BACS) £654.87
Benches £855
EON £21.46
REC Aerial Installation £258
Tofield £6749.74
Village Hall Hire £55.00

Councillor’s General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda. The condition of the grass verges on Sycamore Close was raised and contact will be made with Gigaclear for reinstatement. The Clerk to check and speak to concerned residents. Hightown to be contacted regarding the vandalised bollards. Street names for Soulbury Road development to be considered from a previously agreed list from the Airport Campaign.

Date of next meeting: The Next Parish Council meeting will be on 8 May at 8pm. Annual Parish Council meeting on the same evening will start at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 22.32pm