April 2016 – Parish Council Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Village Hall
Monday 4 April 2016 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr B Bottomley, Cllr M Burgess, Cllr K Higgins, Cllr A Kennedy, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr Pryke, Cllr P Smith, Cllr Janet Blake, PCSO Paula Boston Janette Eustace (clerk)

1. Receive Apologies: Cllr G Morgan

2. Open Forum: (Adjournment).
A resident attended the Open Forum to provide details of the road race due to be held on 10 April.

Cllr Janet Blake informed the Council that road repairs to High Street North between Parsons Close andIvy Lane plus High Street South between Dunton Road and Courtenage Close had been included in the 2016-7 programme.

A resident attended the Open Forum to give details about preparations for the Best Kept Village competition. The fence had been replaced at Cricketer’s corner, litter picking organised, parish notice boards repaired and arrangements had been made to repaint the bus shelters. Potash and Blackthorn Nurseries had offered to plant-up tubs, troughs and/or similar planters at the entrances to the village nearest to their nurseries.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: Cllr Kennedy declared an interest regarding item 5h.

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on 7 March. These were agreed

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations:

a. 16/00816/APP– Potash Nursery–removal of condition 4 to allow occupation unconnected with
agriculture– the Council RESOLVED TO OPPOSE the application as it was out of the settlement
area and would diminish the agricultural capacity in the area

b. 16/00964/APP – 167 HSN – Demolition of existing extension and erection of single story side
extension – the Council RESOLVED TO SUPPORT the application.

c. 16/00912/APP – 5 Chapel Square – Single storey rear extension – the Council RESOLVED TO
SUPPORT the application.

d. 16/00734/AGN – 173 HSN – Removal of existing conservatory and single storey rear extension –
the Council RESOLVED TO SUPPORT the application.

e. 16/01029/APP – 2 Parsons Close – erection of a single storey side and rear extension – the
Council RESOLVED TO SUPPORT the application

f. 16/00011/REF – 66 HSN – Response to appeal and to agree use of S106 if approved. The
Council submitted a representation in SUPPORT of the development but emphasising that SPC
support for the scheme was very dependent upon a built scheme conforming, in its entirety, with
the details set out in the planning application and the assurances given to them by the proposers.

g. Land in Soulbury Road –agree any actions required – Cllrs confirmed that no actions were
possible at the present time and to carry the item forward to the May agenda.

h. 16/01117/APP (16/01118/ALB) -28 High Street North – Two storey side and rear extension –
A planning application was added to the AVDC web portal on the 4 April and details were
circulated to Parish Councillors prior to the meeting as the deadline expired before the date of the
next meeting. The Council RESOLVED TO OPPOSE the application as the design was not in
keeping with the area, the extension was too large and too close to the boundary. The Council
stated that it did not object in principle to an extension of the property.

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide whether any
actions are required:

a. AVALC –the annual subscription – £25 for 2016-7 was agreed

b. North Bucks Parishes Planning Consortium – Cllr Andrew Pryke confirmed that he would be attending
the meeting 6 April 16 at Winslow Town Chamber

c. Cycle Race – details of the race had been provided by the organiser, Nick Clark, in the Open Forum

d. Invitation to Civic Service, Celebrating and Overcoming Adversity and Personal Achievement – Cllr
Jenny Wodey confirmed that she would attend the event

e. Notice Boards – Bunt Scott was thanked for refurbishing and installing the PC notice board at the
Chapel and the signs at the Spinney

7. Annual Parish Meeting/Annual meeting of Parish Council – it was agreed that the Annual Parish meeting
would take place on the 16 May in conjunction with a Neighbourhood Planning Open Meeting. The meeting
would commence at 7pm. Cllr Bottomley agreed to arrange for refreshments.
Stewkley Parish Council

8. Neighbourhood Plan: A report from the Steering Group gave details of the nine working groups that had
been set up to begin to develop future strategy and policies for inclusion in the Neighbourhood Plan. The
groups are: Amenities, Conservation and Heritage, Elderly and Disabled, Planning and Landscape,
Transport and Infrastructure, Recreation Facilities, Schooling, Stewkley Business and Youth. An Open
Meeting had been planned to take place on 16 May (in conjunction with the Annual Parish Meeting) to
provide feedback about the village questionnaire and to further engage with residents.

9. Community Land Trust/Parish Wardens: Cllrs received feedback from a workshop held on 10 March.
Debbie Wildridge from CLT East gave a presentation about Community Land Trusts, which enable
communities to collectively own and manage property and land. Development projects can be undertaken
by the local community, effectively locking in assets for the future. Chris Oliver then gave a presentation
about Community/Parish Wardens who can be the eyes and ears of the community. Cllrs felt that the
scheme might be developed to support elderly parishioners. It was agreed that both topics should be
considered as part of the developing the Neighbourhood Plan

10. Best Kept Village: Details of preparations for the competition had been given by John Flewin in the Open
Forum. The Clerk was asked to request a road sweeper at the beginning of June.

11. Recreation Ground: It was reported that a planning application had been submitted for the Pavilion
refurbishment.

12. 1st Stewkley Scout Group – It was reported that a planning application was almost ready and would be
submitted shortly.

13. Broadband – Cllr Higgins had circulated details of the email correspondence with BT regarding broadband
problems since work began on the upgrade to superfast broadband. The complaint had been escalated to
BT Openreach complaints and parishioners who had experienced difficulties were advised to contact their
service provider to claim compensation. Cllr Higgins will continue to pursue BT Openreach as some
residents are continuing to experience problems. ACTION: KH

14. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting – to note highways issues and agree any actions arising

a. Traffic calming at the War Memorial – it was agreed that the Transport and Infrastructure NP working
group would be asked to review the options from TfB together with recent traffic data from the MVAS a
and develop proposals to address the identified traffic and parking problems. ACTION: KH

b. Griffin Field and pathway lights and the replacement of sensors for all existing lights – it was reported
that the street lamps had been upgraded to LED and that the pathway lights were due to be replaced in
April.

c. Dog waste bins – a parishioner had suggested that some of the yellow litter bins were too low, allowing
waste was being scavenged by wildlife, and too small resulting in them being overfilled immediately
after the weekly collection. Cllrs discussed the possibility of replacing some of the smaller yellow waste
bins with bins that could be used for combined general and dog waste. It was agreed that Cllr
Bottomley would research the possibilities and circulate a proposal for a decision in May.
ACTION: BB

d. Footpath Haywood Park/Grubbs Close – a budget of £100 was agreed to fund two jumbo bags of
gravel. ACTION: KH

e. Trees in Fishweir – it was reported than a planning application had been submitted to remove 9 of the
Silver Birch trees bordering Fishweir. A budget of £1,000 was agreed for the removal.
ACTION: JE

15. Spinney – Volunteers were thanked for erecting the new notice boards and for the continued maintenance
of the Spinney. Cllr Higgins reported that an event was planned to unveil the notice boards on 17 April
at 11.45am and a budget of £100 was agreed for refreshments. ACTION: KH

16. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required. Nothing
was reported.

17. Finance

a. To review the budget monitoring report – this was agreed.
Stewkley Parish Council

b. To draw cheques – to be confirmed at the meeting:
Materials Spinney noticeboards £220.00
Materials PC noticeboards £118.00
Stationery £ 49.24
Clerk £495.41
Rose food £ 10.50
HMRC £220.00

Recreation Ground
Fire safety services £ 57.90
Planning fee £192.50

18. Councillor’s General Items: to report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree
whether to add to the next agenda. Memorials for Brian Botsford, Dennis Harwood Stanesby and Betram
Brewer were agreed.

The dates of future meetings were agreed:

Parish Council Meeting plus the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council: 3 May (Tues following the bank
holiday)

Annual Parish Meeting in conjunction with a Neighbourhood Planning Open Meeting – Monday 16 May
2016 – 7pm

The meeting closed at 10.00pm