Accessibility Statement for Stewkley Parish Council Website
This accessibility Statement applies to Stewkley.org.uk website. The website is run by Stewkley Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- The text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- Most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- Some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- You cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- There’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call : Parish Clerk on 07399 673145
We will consider your request and get back to you in 7 working days
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us at the contacts above.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us at the links above.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission ( EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the public sector bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service( EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Stewkley Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies ( Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant in meeting most of the requirements of the WCAG 2.1 AA standard.
We have the following accessibility problems:
- There’s no way to skip the repeated content in the page header ( for example, a ‘skip to main content’ option).
- It’s not always possible to change the device orientation from horizontal to vertical without making it more difficult to view the content.
- It’s not possible for users to change text size without some of the content overlapping.
Interactive tools and transactions
Some of our interactive forms are difficult to navigate using a keyboard. For example, because some form controls are missing a ‘label’ tag.
We’ve assessed the cost of fixing the issues with navigation and accessing information and with interactive tools and transactions. We believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations. We will make another assessment after 12 months as we continue to move our website towards compliance.
Content that’s not within the scope of accessibility regulations
- Some form elements should have associated label elements
- Documents must contain a title element to aid in navigation
- HTML must have a language attribute
- Certain ARIA roles must be contained by parent elements
- The Audi Tour pages need more contrast in the colours
PDF’s and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. By September 2021 we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 rd September 2018 if they are not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 21st September,2020. It will be reviewed on 21st September 2021.
This website was last tested on 6th June 2020. The test was carried out by a student working on behalf of Stewkley Parish Council using the recommended Microsoft tool. This enabled us to test every page of our site.
If you would like to see the full accessibility test report please contact the Parish Clerk by email: email@example.com