September 2017 Parish Council Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Pavilion, Stewkley Recreation Ground on Monday 4 September 2017 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr K Higgins (Vice-Chair), Cllr M Burgess, Cllr G Morgan, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr P Smith, Cllr B Bottomley, Natasha Pritchard (Clerk), PSCO Tina Hobson and 12 members of the public.

1. Receive Apologies: Cllr A Pryke, Cllr Janet Blake

2. Open Forum:

PSCO Tina Hobson updated on incidences in the village since January and encouraged villagers to contact her via email. Details to be shared with the Grapevine by the Clerk.

Three residents attended to understand whether S106 monies could be used for resurfacing in Dove Street. Cllr J Wodey explained that S106 monies that we can hope to get from Developers in the village would be restricted to Leisure/Recreation facilities.

A representative attended to update the Council on the completion of the footpath diversion in the Rec. As well to ask for the Council’s agreement to test a revised sewerage plan for the Scout Hut through the digging of two holes in the proposed area for the Hut. Approval was given and a date will be agreed upon in due course. The representative also highlighted his Community Fund application of £300 for this year’s firework display in November.

A resident attended to share information on the Winslow Community Bus that Stewkley may have the opportunity to connect with the benefit of villagers. Cllr K Higgins to investigate.

Four residents attended the Open Forum to get an update on what action is being taken against HGVs which continue to frequent Dunton Road. A number of suggestions were proposed which the Parish Council will be investigating.

Four residents attended to understand the status of the Neighbourhood Plan and the position of planning applications made by sites considered for the Neighbourhood Plan.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: to declare any interests. Cllr J Wodey 5.B

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Monday 3rd July 2017 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The minutes were agreed by email and signed on Friday 15th September.

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations.

17/03039/APP – Single storey rear extension – 29 Sycamore Close – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application
17/02917/AGN – Erection of agricultural storage building – Bury Farm Fishweir – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application
17/02984/APP – Construction of two residential dwellings, provision of dedicated parking for 74, 76, 78 & 90 High Street South – Land To The Rear Of 74 And 90 High Street – The council resolved to OBJECT to the application
17/02519/APP – Erection of single storey side and rear extension, front porch, detached garage and new side fencing – 8 Soulbury Road – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application
17/03221/APP – Construction of four detached dwellings and associated access road – Land To The West Of Courtneidge Close Stewkley – The council resolved to OBJECT to the application

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:
a. Stewkley development projects – Cllr. Bottomley will be meeting with the Rec Chair and Mr. Dickens to discuss the positioning of the gym equipment on September 18th. The equipment will in place four weeks from order placement.
b. Best Kept Village – A sub-committee of the Council have finalised arrangements for the lunch to be hosted in the village hall on Saturday 16th September and a budget has been approved. Cllr K Higgins will deliver a speech at the presentation. ACTION: NP/GM/PS/MB/CP
c. Community fund applications – Two applications were considered by the Council a) £300 for Bonfire Night and £500 for Stewkley Football Club. Both applications were approved. ACTION: NP
d. Play around the parishes 2018 – The Council approved the advanced booking of the event in 2018 which will ensure a cost saving based on an expected price increase. ACTION: NP
e. Defibrillator – The Council discussed the potential defibrillator for the rec and will wait for agreement from the Rec committee before proceeding with a grant or purchase. ACTION: GM
f. Pavilion listed on AVDC list of Community Assets – The Council voted unanimously in favour of application drafted by Cllr. Morgan. ACTION: GM
g. Scout Hut – The Clerk to follow-up with consultant on lease. ACTION: NP

7. Broadband: To receive a progress update. Cllr K Higgins updated that AVB had had a delay on the delivery of routers but they have now arrived and have started to be collected. One concerned villager called AVB failing a failure to reply to their emails (although they did receive an automated acknowledgement) and was told ‘that they are having significant technical issues and it was all hands in trying to manage them!’

8. Neighbourhood Plan: To receive an update from the Steering group and agree any actions arising; The NP Steering Committee did not meet in August. The next meeting is on September 11th.

9. Recreation Ground: To note progress towards the pavilion refurbishment and agree any actions. The Best Kept Village framed notices placement to be confirmed. Fire safety training was mentioned. Both to be discussed at the next Rec committee meeting.

10. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: To note highways issues and agree any actions arising
a. Status of repairs to roads – A jet patcher has returned to complete works on High Street North.
b. Dunton Road traffic – Bucks CC has received an application to operate a waste site at Red Brick Farm (Doherty’s). The Council is waiting to hear if it’s been validated and will therefore be considered.
c. Airport Monument and Spinney: Autumn Tidy Up Sunday 15th October – This was acknowledged by the Council.

11. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required; Invoices for seeds £269.60 and £22.00 for petrol were received and approved.

12. Finance:

To review the budget monitoring report – no comments were made and the budget approved.
To draw cheques and approve BACS payments

Insurance £1705.24
Web Work £169
Neighbourhood Plan £2400
Stewkley Football Club £500
Clerk’s Salary £534.54
PAYE £507.21
British Legion – Wreath £17
Pavilion Hire £15
Stationery £15.94

13. Councillor’s General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda. Cllr Burgess queried whether there was any disruption being caused to neighbours for planning application – 17/02242/APP – 3 Tythe Gardens – Single storey rear extension. It was confirmed the building was considerate to date. Cllr Bottomley confirmed that SEA will be grass cutting will resume this month (September) and that grass seed will be laid opposite Dove Street where a vehicle is currently parked. Further, Cllr Bottomley sought feedback on the audio history tour of the village he has been working on with Mrs. Eustace. It was well received. Cllr Morgan instigated a more thorough investigation into the meaning of a green lane in relation to Drover’s Rest. Cllr Higgins to lead on this investigation.

Date of next meeting: The Next Parish Council meeting will be on October 2nd at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 10.39pm