October 2016 – Parish Council Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Village Hall
Monday 3 October 2016 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr M Burgess, Cllr K Higgins, Cllr A Kennedy, Cllr A Pryke, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr P Smith, Janette Eustace (clerk) and 5 members of the public

1. Receive Apologies: Cllr B Bottomley, Cllr G Morgan, Cllr Janet Blake, PCSO Paula Boston

2. Open Forum: A representative attended the open forum to provide details about Village Network high speed rural broadband service. He explained that the scheme would be promoted in Stewkley to complement other broadband services at a cost of £30 per month – available to homes with a ‘line of sight’ to a network of wireless links from point to point across the countryside. The owner of Kingsbridge Farm attended the open forum to explain that works had been carried out to improve the footpath and that the gates were removed from the path in agreement with Bucks County Council RoW officer. Councillor Higgins will meet with the owner and the RoW Officer to resolve any outstanding issues relating to the footpath. A representative attended the open forum to answer any questions relating to the proposed change of route for the footpath in the recreation ground affected by the siting of the new scout hut. He also advised the council that BCC had asked for a soakaway to be dug for rain water. He proposed that this would not be agreed until after planning had been approved for the site. A resident had written to the council about the accident at the war memorial and attended to express his concerns about safety of pedestrians and particularly children, walking along the path in that location. A representative attended to ask the council to fund the Sky TV licence from its annual grant to the Recreation Association.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: None were declared

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on 5 September 2016 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The minutes were agreed.

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations:
a. 16/03324/APP – 26 Dunton Road – New pitched roof and rendered wall finish to first floor – replacement window & door. The Council resolved to SUPPORT the application.
b. 16/03253/COUAR – Harmansfield Wing Road – prior approval for the conversion of agricultural building into dwelling (in respect of transport & highway impact, noise, contamination risk, flooding and locational considerations). The Council had NO COMMENT to make regarding the application.

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:
a. AVDC audit of sports and community facilities. The Clerk to complete and circulate ACTION: JE
b. AVDC Business review – Communities Team services at risk – the report was noted
c. CIL & S106 priorities (BCC) – to review infrastructure priorities – Cllr Higgins to complete and circulate
ACTION: KH

7. Appointment of Clerk – to agree the recruitment process. Cllrs Jenny Wodey, Paul Smith, Keith Higgins and the clerk to interview candidates during week beginning 17 October.

8. Best Kept Village – to reimburse costs for the presentation lunch and agree future plans for BKV. It was agreed that a focus group, led by John Flewin, with Cllrs Brian Bottomley and Gill Morgan would continue to work to maintain the high standards set for the village. The Village Hall to be asked whether the plaques and trophy could be installed in the foyer and on the wall outside. The clerk to ascertain costs of a cabinet. ACTION: MB/JE

9. Neighbourhood Plan: Neil Dickens reported that the development sites put forward by landowners in the call for sites had been assessed and the results would be shared at a community meeting to be held on Tuesday 11 October in St Michael’s School. A meeting had been arranged with the NP consultant on Thursday 6 October to support leaders of each working group with their findings and recommendation and then to attend a steering group meeting.

10. Recreation Ground: To note progress towards the pavilion refurbishment and agree any actions arising. It was reported that Tofield Ltd had been awarded the contract and building work was scheduled to begin at the end of October. Building regulation drawings had been submitted to AVDC.

11. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting – to note highways issues and agree any actions arising
a. Resurfacing near the war memorial – it was noted that the work had been rescheduled for November. Cllr Higgins had written to TfB to make them aware of the Remembrance Day event that will be held at the war memorial on Sunday 13 November.
b. Ivy Lane drainage. It was reported that TfB will carry out CCTV drainage investigation work on Ivy Lane and at 2 other locations within Stewkley. Should findings from the CCTV investigation highlight an issue a full survey will be commissioned through the capital drainage team.

12. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required. Expenditure of £263.40 on wild flower seeds was reported.

13. Finance
a. To review the budget monitoring report. This was agreed.

b. To draw cheques –

BKV presentation lunch £105.45
BKV presentation lunch £ 37.46
Insurance £1641.95
Grass cutting and weed spraying £405.62
Neighbourhood plan photos £13.03
Litter bins £867.60
HM Revenue & Customs £343.8
NBPPC Subscription £20.00
Grant for fireworks £300.00
Clerk £514.45
Stamps and stationery £51.12
Wildlife Seeds £263.40

Recreation Association
Building regulations £400.00
Play area inspection £113.40
Diesel £78.75
Cleaning materials £43.70

c. To review applications for community funding. A grant of £500 was approved for Stewkley Football Club towards the cost of a pair of portable football goals for the youth teams at U13 and U14 playing 11 a side. The total cost of the goals, including nets and wheels will be £2,442

d. To agree the insurance renewal – Insurance was renewed with Came & Company for Hiscox insurance at a cost of £1,641.95. The Council entered into a long term agreement to fix the price for three years.

e. To agree the payment of Sky TV and BT Sport at the Pavilion. Councillors confirmed that the annual Rec Association Grant should be used for universal expenditure that benefits the whole village and resolved not to pay the Sky and BT licence from the grant.

14. Councillor’s General Items: to report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda.
Cllr Burgess asked for a quotation to repair grass verges that had been damaged by vehicles parking on them
Cllr Higgins reported that he and Cllr Wodey would be meeting the new Localities Manager from BCC regarding concerns about safety at the war memorial junction. He also reported that the Scouts had a successful fund raising lunch with chicken provided free of charge from Faccenda Foods.

Date of next meeting: 7 November 2016 – 7.30pm

The meeting closed at 9.50pm