November 2017 Parish Council Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Pavilion, Stewkley Recreation Ground on Monday 7 November 2017 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr K Higgins (Vice-Chair), Cllr M Burgess, Cllr G Morgan, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr P Smith, Cllr B Bottomley, Cllr A Pryke, Cllr Janet Blake and eight members of the public.

1. Receive Apologies: PSCO Tina Hobson, Natasha Pritchard (Clerk)

2. Open Forum:

8 residents attended the meeting and made comments on the following items on the agenda; Scout Hut, objections to the planning application at Red Brick Farm, traffic calming measures, and BCC representative Cllr Janet Blake updated the meeting on VALP, consultation on the AVDC budget, BCC consultation on the mobile library and matters concerning AVB.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: to declare any interests. No interests declared.

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Monday 2nd October 2017 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The minutes were agreed and signed.

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations.

a) 17/03858/APP – Two storey side/rear extension, single storey rear extension – 37 High Street North Stewkley – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application
b) 17/03956/AOP – Outline Planning Application with access to be considered and all other matters reserved for Residential development (C3) comprising 50 Dwellings (50% Open Market/50% Affordable), Associated Roads, Drainage, Car Parking, Servicing, Footpaths, Cycleways, Public Open Space / Informal Open Space and Landscaping. Land North Of Leighton Road (a4146) Soulbury – The Council decided to make no comment.

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:

a. NBPCC Update – Minutes of the MBPCC meeting October 11th have been distributed to Councillors. It was decided to make a PC response to AVDC consultation on VALP. Cllrs Pryke, Morgan, Smith to draft a response to be forwarded to NBPCC for inclusion in their collective response before November 28th and to AVDC before the conclusion of AVDC consultation on December 14th.
b. Rec defibrillator – Agreed to provision of an outside defibrillator at the Rec and that the Clerk would seek grants.
c. The Chapter House Project – St. Michael’s Church – Awaiting decision by the Parochial Church Council whether to appeal.
d. Scout Hut – Agreed to Scouts request for siting of a sewerage waste tank in the burial ground car park, and the Clerk to send paperwork regarding the lease to the solicitor.
e. Stewkley development projects – adult gym – The clerk to seek two further quotes for the adult gym including the revised ground cover.
f. Ivy Lane – condition of bank by Village Hall – Agreed to seek costs involved for strimming and reseeding the bank. Action – Cllr. Bottomley
g. Bushes at the back of Manor Drive – Quotes required for taking out the bushes or cutting back growth
Action – Cllr. Bottomley
h. CU Phosco – EON – Still waiting for information from service provider for electricity charges.
i. Planters – resident request HSS – The owner could place small planters if they wishes. No action required.
j. Dog warden visiting Stewkley – Cllr. Blake agreed to look into this.
k. Graffiti – Clerk to ask if any resident would be willing to loan a hot water pressure cleaner to remove graffiti.
l. Mobile library – Agreed to ask the Grapevine to report BCC consultation on options in the next edition.
m. Spinney update – Successful tidy up reported, farmer willing to keep hedges tidy. Explorers and Scouts making use of the Spinney.

7. Broadband: To receive a progress update. Cllr. Janet Blake had reported on reorganisation options presently being considered by AVB and that AVB would find solutions to current technical problems and continue development and provision of their broadband services to rural parts of the Vale. Residents wishing to claim back their deposit should contact AVDC representative at AVB – tlane@aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk

8. Neighbourhood Plan: To receive an update from the Steering group and agree any actions arising; The NPSC Chairman gave a brief report on current progress. Further actions including SEA’s (Strategic Environmental Assessments) are on hold pending the outcome of the NPSC consultation on revised housing targets. Meeting to count responses arranged for Monday 13th November at 10.30am

9. Recreation Ground: To note progress towards the pavilion refurbishment and agree any actions. The outside toilet has been vandalised and was now closed and would remain closed until further notice. Note to be included in the Grapevine

10. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: To note highways issues and agree any actions arising
a. Status of repairs to roads –Minor repairs noted.
b. Dunton Road traffic – Update on Red Brick Farm objections was discussed. Trial measurements on traffic noise and vibration are being considered. Objections by residents of Hoggeston and Dunton, both villages without a PC, were on the planning website. A PC response to the Highways consultee will be prepared and submitted. The planning application might not be decided by BCC Development Control Committee before January next year.
c. Traffic Calming – Cllr, Higgins have a brief update on traffic calming matters. A proposal will be put forward to purchase a speed indicator device to complement the MVAS & Speedwatch activity. More volunteers reuired for speed watch.

11. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required; an invoice for petrol £11 was received and approved.

12. Finance:

a. To review the budget monitoring report – no comments were made and the budget approved.
b. To draw cheques and approve BACS payments

Stationery (BACS) £6.98
Clerk’s Salary (BACS) £534.54

Councillor’s General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda. Certain stiles on ROW paths were in need of repair to be reported to the Clerk.

Date of next meeting: The Next Parish Council meeting will be on December 4th at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 9.45pm