May 2017 – Parish Council Meeting minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Village Hall
On Monday 2 May 2017 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr K Higgins (Vice-Chair), Cllr B Bottomley, Cllr M Burgess, Cllr A Kennedy, Cllr G Morgan Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr P Smith and 5 members of the public.

1. Receive Apologies: Cllr A Pryke , PCSO Paula Boston, Cllr Janet Blake

2. Open Forum:

Two residents attended the Open Forum to introduce a representative who will be project managing the scout hut build and to ask permission for an enlarged area to accommodate a buried drainage tank. Cllr K Higgins summarised that lease is underway. Scouts raised a concern about responsibility for “wear & tear” of burial ground car park.

A resident attended to provide an update Best Kept Village. He confirmed that the judging will take place between June 1st and July 7th and that the annual Litter Blitz is underway supported by village groups including the Players, WI, History Group and Walkers. Notice boards, including the Spinney will be updated.

Cllr B Bottomley is working with a resident on an historical sites audio tour of the village in consultation with EHA Web Design who developed www.stewkley.org.uk

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: to declare any interests. There were none.

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Monday 3 April 2017 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The minutes were agreed and signed.

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations.

a) 17/01314/ATC – Yew (T1) – Reduce height by approx. 10ft and reshape remainder of crown to remove branches overhanging 110 High St North and to alleviate excess shading. Prunus (T2) – reduce crown to remove branches encroaching T1 and overhanging boundary with 110 high street north. Councillors were informed.
b) 17/01313/ATC – Ash (T3) – 33% crown reduction to maintain trees size in its location and to reduce excess shading. Ash (T4) – 33% crown reduction to maintain trees size in its location and to reduce excess shading. Councillors were informed.

To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:
a. Stewkley development projects – Cllr Morgan gave an update regarding the voting process which has been advertised on the website and notice boards. Boxes will be placed in key locations in the village. ACTION: GM
b. Farm Close – moss issue – Stewkley Enterprise agency have dealt with this. Cllr K Higgins and Cllr B Bottomley are waiting to meet with TfB to discuss the future responsibility of this among other agenda items. ACTION: KH/BB
c. War Memorial – it was agreed that Cllr C Pragnell and Mrs Shefferd would keep an immediate eye on the war memorial with a view to creating a rota with interested parties in the village. ACTION: CP
d. Great War Armistice Day 1918 in 2018 – the Council re-confirmed its support for an exhibition to commemorate the armistice and will provide payment for the venue. ACTION: NP
e. Council website improvements – Partial update provided in the Open Forum. Cllr Bottomley and Mrs Eustace continue to explore ways of adding projects to the community area of the website and will be meeting bi-monthly with the Clerk invited to join. Stewkley Lawn Cemetery Burial Ground information to be made available on www.stewkley.org. ACTION: BB/NP
f. Scout hut lease – The Parish Council have agreed to proceed with the drafting of the lease by John Reddington at Harwood James in Aylesbury. The Clerk to liaise on the completion. The Clerk will also clarify the invoice received from BCC for diverting the Public Footpath despite on-going delays from BCC in completing the legal process. ACTION: NP
g. Plan MK – The Parish Council will be sending an email of support for this plan. ACTION: NP
h. Defibrillator for Pavilion – Information on the costs to be provided to the Rec Committee for discussion at their next meeting on May 10th with a view to deciding whether the positioning of the existing Defibrillator requires evaluation. ACTION: NP
i. Winslow Railway Station Application – 16/03132/ADP – The Parish Council agree with the objection from Winslow TC and will be writing an email to confirm their position. ACTION: JW/NP
j. Request to respond to Housing White Paper Consultation – The date for participatory feedback has passed.
k. Annual Parish Meeting – Monday 15th May – Reports are being received for village groups and individuals and the meeting will start at 7.30pm following the provision of tea and coffee from 7pm. Results of voting for Stewkley development projects will be announced.
l. Best Kept Village – update provided in the Open Forum

7. Broadband: To receive a progress update. Cllr K Higgins gave an update. Aylesbury Vale Broadband teams are joining the various fibre feeds together. Once this work is finished the next team will start deploying fibre between the property boundaries and AVB’s chambers. The first properties should go live by end of May, with roll-out to the rest of Stewkley continuing over coming months.

8. Neighbourhood Plan: To receive an update from the Steering group and agree any actions arising;

a. Update on the signature of the terms of reference document – signatures required for new members of the steering committee and will be carried out at the next steering group meeting
b. Housing mix response/letter to be prepared by the Parish Council and sent to Dennisons. ACTION: AP/NP

9. Recreation Ground: To note progress towards the pavilion refurbishment and agree any actions – it was reported that the development had been slightly delayed due to contractual issues.

10. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: To note highways issues and agree any actions arising
Status of repairs to roads – Some potholes in Ivy Lane and Dunton Road have been repaired
War Memorial junction meeting with TfB & BCC April 12th – Cllr K Higgins met with TfB and a scheme for improved signs and road marking will be investigated further. Speed reduction by physical means and the reconfiguration of the junction, with parking will be considered as a later step, when the effectiveness of the initial scheme can be assessed.
Bletchley road bins – The bins have now been emptied.

11. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required; none were received.

12. Finance:
a. To review the budget monitoring report – A year-end report is being prepared and will be circulated to councillors shortly.
b. To draw cheques –

Rose Food £7.50
Mower Petrol £19.41
NP Web Work £236.25
Wildlife Reserve Board £78.83
Clerk’s salary £623.94
Paint for bus shelters £24

c. Signature of internet banking form – The Clerk is waiting for an additional form for signature.

13. Councillor’s General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda.
The Council will be trialling a book exchange in the village bus shelters. Cllr M Burgess flagged the emergence of Hogweed in the Rec which is going to be investigated. Cllr C Pragnell updated on the lorries along Dunton Road. A thank you was received and read to the Council from John Cornish on the receipt of his long service to the Village Hall Committee gift. The Council to follow up with Hightown HT and the process on allocating available properties.

Date of next meeting: The Annual Parish Meeting is on the 15th May starting at 7pm with tea/coffee and biscuits and the meeting starts at 7.30pm. The Next Parish Council meeting will be on June 5th at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 10.19pm