March 2017 – Parish Council Meeting minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Village Hall
On Monday 6 March 2017 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr M Burgess, Cllr A Pryke, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr P Smith, Cllr G Morgan, Cllr Janet Blake, Natasha Pritchard (clerk) and 11 members of the public.

1. Receive Apologies: PCSO Paula Boston, Cllr K Higgins, Cllr B Bottomley, Cllr A Kennedy

2. Open Forum: (Adjournment). Two residents from Courtneidge Close came to discuss neighbourhood plan developments. Neil Dickens [Ch. NP steering Committee] and Cllr G Morgan answered questions presented to the Parish Council. The continuation of regular and up-to-date information to be posted on the Parish website. Two residents came to express their concern over the planning application 17/00370/APP 141 High Street North. Four residents came to express their views in relation to the planning application 17/00453/APP 89A High Street South. One resident came to discuss the Soulbury Road housing development decision. The Parish Council to discuss potential procedural issue with AVDC. Two residents came to discuss the appeal of planning application 17/00017/REF. Cllr Janet Blake updated that AVDC will proceed with VALP consideration detailed in the released whitepaper. Further the introduction of a new Connected Knowledge Strategy which is being rolled-out. More information can be found on the AVDC website. The Unitary decision is expected on March 27th. Home to School transport is expected to increase by 5% to £630 after a review. Cllr A Pryke queried the adoption of roads by Bucks CC for the Soulbury Road development.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), declared an interest in 5.e

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on 6 February 17 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The Parish Clerk to receive in writing from BALC information on communications. The minutes were agreed.

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations:

a) 17/00017/REF 28 Dunton Road Stewkley – Appeal – The Parish Council to confirm the appeal timing with AVDC
b) 17/00706/ATP 8 Haywood Park – Tree Cutting – Councillors informed
c) 16/A4267/DIS 2 School Lane – Swift box addition to a planning application – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application.
d) 17/00453/APP 89A High Street South – Extension – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application. Note consideration on the parking for the property and it being clearly identified on the plans
e) 17/00370/APP 141 High Street North – Extension – The council resolved to OBJECT the application.

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:
a. Stewkley development projects – Cllr G Morgan provided an update and received approval on copy for inclusion in the Grapevine in April; additional information on the projects will also be drafted for inclusion in the Grapevine in May.
b. Defibrillator training – Interest has been expressed in the March 18th training and places are being filled.
c. BALC finance training for Councillors – The Parish Council approved a request for attendance by Cllr G Morgan.
d. BALC cemetery management & compliance training course – The Parish Council approved a request for attendance by the Parish Clerk.
e. Farm Close – moss issue – The Parish Council resolved that this was a Bucks CC matter.
f. Rules and regulations relating to Stewkley (Lawn Cemetery) Burial Ground + related fees – The Parish Council agreed a revision to the rules and regulations which gives devolved powers to the Parish Clerk to check and approval memorial requests. A review of fees to be continue and be presented to the Parish Council
g. War Memorial – Andy Chappell resignation future upkeep – A number of actions to be taken which include the search for a suitable replacement for Andy Chappell.

7. Broadband: John Flewin provided a detailed update. The three AV Broadband teams working on the infrastructure of the village’s new broadband network finished their initial roadside work last month, having traversed the west side of the length of the High Streets, including installing several crossings to the east side. They also completed Dove Street and are presently working their way up Dunton Road. Priority for March for one team is to at least get most of the way to connecting the village to AVB’s system, which requires a three-mile roadside dig from Hoggeston. In the process it is hoped to provide connections in Hoggeston and Dunton. Work was delayed slightly while a new “moling” machine was awaited. The first live connections in Stewkley are now expected mi-April. The villages of Soulbury and Drayton Parslow are to get their network connections from Stewkley, and the other two teams will be working on these. The next phase of road work in Stewkley will start in mid-April. The first roads scheduled for attention are St Michael’s Close, Parsons Close and the first part of Dean Road, with other roads being assessed at the moment. Criteria for road selection includes reviewing the number of pre-registration signs up there are in a given area. Last month the sign-up fee, which is refundable against individual home connection fees, increased from £20 to £50 to reflect the imminency of connections. Hot-spot connections at the Rec Pavilion, the Village Hall and the Scout Hut are in the planning stages. These points are to be provided without a monthly charge, but installation fees will apply. St Michael’s School is also in-line for a connection at domestic rates. At present, 129 Stewkley premises have pre-registered for the service; that’s some 16% of village properties

8. Neighbourhood Plan: Neil Dickens [Ch. NP Steering Committee] received approval to progress with a consultant, Paul Jobson from DL Planning for the plan. The Parish Clerk is work with web developer of the Stewkley.org to ensure all information current and future is uploaded in a timely fashion to the website. Work is required on the Parish Open Spaces – further decision expected on this in Steering Committee meeting.

9. Recreation Ground: Works continue but have been understood to have slowed down. The Parish Clerk to get an update on the boiler quotes due to be presented to the Parish Council.

10. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: To note highways issues and agree any actions arising
a. Moss issue in Farm Close was discussed by the Council. See 6.e

11. Finance:

a. To review the budget monitoring report. This was agreed.
b. To draw cheques –

Village Hall Hire £35.00
Dog Bin Sanitisation £1037.28
Clerk’s salary £477.86
Mower Maintenance £996.00
Neighbourhood Plan Printing £70.00
HMRC £438.41
SEA £483.58

12. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required. None required.

13. Councillor’s General Items: to report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda. Cllr K Higgins has scheduled a meeting with TfB on April 12th to discuss traffic flow around the war memorial.

Date of next meeting: 3 April 2017 – 7.30pm

The meeting closed at 10.06pm