June 2017 – Parish Council Meeting minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Village Hall
On Monday 5 June 2017 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr K Higgins (Vice-Chair), Cllr B Bottomley, Cllr M Burgess, Cllr G Morgan, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr P Smith, Cllr A Pryke, Natasha Pritchard (Clerk), Janette Eustace (Former Clerk) and 24 members of the public.

1. Receive Apologies: PCSO Paula Boston, Cllr Janet Blake

2. Open Forum:

A representative attended the Open Forum to collect a cheque for the Parish Council’s contribution to paying for the diversion of footpath 21 in preparation for building works of the Scout Hut and to seek an update on the lease and proposed rent.

During the open forum, the planning application at St Michael’s Church (erection of Chapter House) was discussed at length. 22 residents attended for this item and those both in support and opposed to the Chapter House aired their views.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: to declare any interests. There were none.

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Tuesday 2 May 2017 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The minutes were agreed and signed.

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations.

a) 17/01847/APP – 179B High Street North Stewkley – Alterations to front facing gable roof – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application
b) 17/01743/AGN – Brook Furlong Dunton Road – Erection of new hay barn and machinery store with bottle preparation room and WC – The council resolved to OBJECT the application
c) 17/01747/APP – Dean Tythe Farm Dean Road – Proposed new agricultural building – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application
d) 17/01648/APP – St Michaels Church High Street North – Erection of chapter house – The council resolved to OBJECT the application
e) 17/01616/AGN – The Croft 22 Wing Road – Erection of agricultural building to for storage of hay and machinery – The council were in support of the application which was approved by AVDC prior to the meeting.

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:
a. Stewkley development projects – Cllr Morgan and Cllr Bottomley gave an update and will be meeting with Alan Dickens to discuss the proposed position of the gym equipment at the Rec prior to it being presented to the Rec committee. ACTION: GM/BB
b. Scout hut lease – The Parish Council have agreed to the cost of drafting the lease by John Reddington at Horwood James in Aylesbury. The Clerk to liaise on the completion. Rent will discussed at the July meeting. ACTION: NP
c. Best Kept Village – Nearly 20 villagers volunteered to take part in the High Street clean up loosening dirt and debris from the gutters along the High Streets before the ADVC roadsweeper. Villagers and AVDC thanked.
d. MK Draft Plan consultation North Bucks – Councillors acknowledged that the consultation period has been extended.
e. LCPLG Local Council Planning Liaison Group 12/7/2017 – Cllr Pryke to attend ACTION: AP
f. Soulbury Road – Meeting with Denison’s 13/06/2017 – Councillors confirmed arrangements for the meeting
g. Website Maintenance – The website maintenance contract is up for renewal in August. The Clerk shared some options for initial feedback. Further detail to be provided. ACTION: NP

7. Broadband: To receive a progress update. Cllr K Higgins gave an update. Delays have ensued as a result of re-routing the network through other villages and connecting to Soulbury. AVB recently indicated that they would be contacting some Stewkley residents about the final connections and that civils work for other streets would recommence shortly after. Gigaclear, currently installing a competitive network along Soulbury Road, has has been asked for an update on their strategy for Stewkley.

8. Neighbourhood Plan: To receive an update from the Steering group and agree any actions arising; it was reported by the NP Steering Committee Chair, Mr Dickens, that an exhibition of sites is proposed on Saturday 15th July at the Village Hall. All site owners selected or not have been corresponded with. Aerial photography has been organised with Burcott airfield and the written report is progressing well.

9. Recreation Ground: To note progress towards the pavilion refurbishment and agree any actions – it was reported that everything is on track for the grand opening across the weekend of June 24 & 25th and it is open again for groups which include the Brownies.

10. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: To note highways issues and agree any actions arising
a. Status of repairs to roads – Four potholes have been repaired in HSN
b. Report on LAF Traffic calming sub-committee meeting – Cllr Higgins attended. The Chairman will investigate supply of Speedwatch warning signs for villages.
c. The LAT walkabout –Clarification received that clearance of moss on footpaths is not included in the Devolved Services agreement, but remains the responsibility of TfB. However, limited funding and resources means that remedial work might take some time. Village gateways to be explored further based on TfB advice. TfB may be able to proceed with improved signage and road markings around the War memorial junction, as well as refreshing other lines and road markings through the village. Formal confirmation awaited.

11. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required; none were received.

12. Finance:
The PC year-end budget monitoring report and annual tax return paperwork was reviewed.
To draw cheques –

Hedge Trimmer (BACS) £368.50
Leaflet Dispenser £26.46
Web Work £157.50
SEA £644.58
Clerk’s Salary £525.44
Footpath Diversion Fee £500
Bus Shelters Painting £240
Plant Purchases £55.00

13. Councillor’s General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda. Cllr Morgan, Cllr Smith and/or Cllr Higgins to present the defibrillator costs to the Rec Committee for review. Cllr Pryke raised the volunteer driver scheme and the potential for the drivers to receive petrol money reimburse. The Clerk to investigate and report back at the July meeting. Cllr Higgins updated on the mobile library and the repair of two oak posts following damage to the Jubilee railing recently.

Date of next meeting: The Next Parish Council meeting will be on July 3rd at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 10.22pm