July 2017 – Parish Council Meeting minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Village Hall
On Monday 3 July 2017 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr K Higgins (Vice-Chair), Cllr M Burgess, Cllr G Morgan, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr P Smith, Natasha Pritchard (Clerk) and 7 members of the public.

1. Receive Apologies: PCSO Paula Boston, Cllr Janet Blake, Cllr B Bottomley, Cllr A Pryke

2. Open Forum:

Three residents attended the Open Forum to understand what action is being taken against HGVs which are increasingly using Dunton Road.

A resident has expressed interest in becoming a Councillor and sat in on the meeting to understand how the Council work.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: to declare any interests. There were none.

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Tuesday 2 May 2017 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The minutes were agreed and signed.

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations.

a) 17/02258/APP – 3 Eleanors Garden – Conversion of garage into habitable space – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application

b) 17/02295/APP – Southend Barn 33 Dunton Road – Two storey rear extension – The council resolved to OBJECT to the application

c) 17/02242/APP – 3 Tythe Gardens – Single storey rear extension – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application

d) 17/02169/APP – 14 Bletchley Road – Triple bay garage – The council resolved to OBJECT to the application

e) 17/02120/ATP – 3 Eleanors Garden – Horse chestnut removal – Councillors were advised and SUPPORTED the applicant’s undertaking to replace the tree.

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:
a. Stewkley development projects – Cllr Morgan gave an update and will be meeting with Alan Dickens and Brian Chambers to discuss the proposed position of the gym equipment at the Rec prior to it being presented to the Rec committee. ACTION: BB

b. Scout hut lease – A draft is now expected for the August meeting subject to a land registry plan being provided by Andy Dunn in good time. The Clerk to continue liaising on the completion. ACTION: NP

c. Drover’s Way repair – BCC will be contacted by Cllr K Higgins to confirm responsibility and a letter will be drafted and agreed by the Council for the attention of Mr and Mrs Denne. ACTION:BB/NP

d. Best Kept Village – Judges expected by Friday 7th July. All areas of the village are looking good.

e. Website Maintenance – Further detail provided to the Council on the different contractual options. The Clerk to finalise with Cllr Bottomley on the contract which will commence in August. ACTION: NP

f. Freight strategy – public survey – Councillors informed and encouraged to participate. ACTION: ALL

g. Recreation defibrillator – Two additional quotes to be provided to the Council for review and to be shared with the Rec Committee as soon as received. ACTION: NP

7. Broadband: To receive a progress update. Cllr K Higgins advised that the first live connections are expected imminently at the North and South ends of the village, before the contractors continue with the properties in between. Gigaclear continues to install a competitive network along Soulbury Road and are currently in Hollingdon. They have confirmed that they do not plan to provide a network for Stewkley.

8. Neighbourhood Plan: To receive an update from the Steering group and agree any actions arising; NP Steering Committee Chair, Mr Dickens requested that a decision on site 3 be made. The Council agreed by a majority decision with the recommendation to include it. Preparations for the exhibition of sites on Saturday 15th July at the Village Hall are going to plan. Posters and leaflets to be distributed from the end of this week. Cllr Morgan flagged a requirement for secondary boundaries to be checked. Plan consultant Paul Jobson has raised some questions to the working groups about policy which are being answered.

9. Recreation Ground: To note progress towards the pavilion refurbishment and agree any actions – it was reported that grand opening was a success and no immediate actions were required.

10. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: To note highways issues and agree any actions arising

a. Status of repairs to roads – A jet patcher has been along Mursley Road and is programmed for High Street North service roads and HSN itself between Sycamore Close and the Bletchley Road cross roads to correct all surface defects.

b. Dunton Road traffic – Contact will be made with BCC and TVP will be requested to contact one of the operators involved.

c. LAT – May village walk: TfB has belatedly confirmed various points. Of note: Warning signs for the war memorial junction will be redesigned and a white line will be applied along the kerb beside Tythe gardens. A village-wide 20 mph limit might be possible but as with all the other possible improvements would be subject to a feasibility study by TfB. Cllr Higgins will be progressing the refresh of white road markings which has again been put on hold pending decisions of resurfacing projects.

d. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required; none were received. Matt Dodds, formerly of BCC has offered to do a 10th anniversary walk and talk around the Reserve in 2018.

11. Finance:
The PC year-end budget monitoring report and annual tax return paperwork was reviewed.
To draw cheques –

Village Hall Hire £113.00
Roof – Rec £1140.00
Web Work £166.25
SEA £898.59
Clerk’s Salary £487.94
Roof Removal – Rec £70.00
NP Contract Review £20.99

12. Councillor’s General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda. The Clerk followed up on the volunteer driver scheme and will be discussing additional questions raised with Pam Dickens. Further discussed with the Council the outstanding payment of CU Phosco of works related to Griffins Fields. Interim payment agreed. Cllr Higgins updated on the repair of two oak posts for the Jubilee pump which Mr. Scott will kindly be putting in place.

Date of next meeting: The Next Parish Council meeting will be on August 7th at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 10.12pm