January 2018 Parish Council Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Pavilion, Stewkley Recreation Ground on Monday 8 January 2018 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr K Higgins (Vice-Chair), Cllr M Burgess, Cllr G Morgan, Cllr A Pryke, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr P Smith, Cllr B Bottomley, Cllr Janet Blake and five members of the public.

1. Receive Apologies:

2. Open Forum:

12 residents attended the meeting and made comments on the following; Planning application a) 17/04373/ADP and the Soulbury Road development.

AVDC representative Cllr Janet Blake updated the meeting on AV Broadband, the introduction of a Parish Support email for Clerks and Councillors and matters concerning AVDC and BCC. Cllr Janet Blake will be following up on a summary report following the Library consultation.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: to declare any interests. No interests declared.

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Monday 4th December 2017 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The minutes were agreed and signed.

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations.

a) 17/04373/ADP – Application for reserved matters pursuant to outline permission relating to Landscape, Layout and Appearance for the erection of 14 dwelling – The council resolved to OBJECT to the application
b) 17/04770/APP – Removal of existing roof, raise existing external walls to create two storey dwelling – Cricketers Farm 76 High Street North – The council resolved to OBJECT to the application
c) 17/04877/AP – Demolition of existing conservatory and outhouse and construction of rear and side extension – 169 High Street North – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:

a. Budget – The budget for 2018/9 was discussed by the Parish Council and it was agreed not to increase the precept for the coming year.
b. Rec Defibrillator – The Clerk is waiting for feedback on a second grant application. If unsuccessful, it was agreed that a defibrillator will be purchased and installed.
c. Scout Hut – The Clerk is discussing the final information required with the solicitor writing the lease. The scouts will be submitting updated details of their drainage scheme for planning approval.
d. Stewkley development projects – adult gym – The equipment is due to be installed on January 22nd
e. Ivy Lane – condition of bank by Village Hall – A meeting to be organised with SEA to discuss specific requirements in light of recent flooding.
f. Bushes at the back of Manor Drive – The Council agreed to proceed with the works as soon as feasible.
g. Soulbury Road – Nettles – This will be discussed with SEA during the meeting mentioned in e.
h. CU Phosco – EON – The broken power line and light in Dove Street has been fixed; a timer issue in Tythe Close is also understood to be fixed.
i. SPC website – Rules and regulations for Stewkley Lawn Cemetery are now detailed under a ‘Useful Information’ section. Additional information including links to gritting, storms and roads resources are also being added this month.

7. Broadband: To receive a progress update. Cllr. Janet Blake reported that a sale by AVDC to Gigaclear has now gone through and the company has taken control of the operation. The Village Broadband Champions will be meeting with Gigaclear shortly.

8. Neighbourhood Plan: To receive an update from the Steering group and agree any actions arising; The NPSC Chairman gave a brief report on current progress. Councillor Morgan is going to coordinate comments/suggestions made by Cllrs regarding the draft plan. Janette Eustace will coordinate comments by the Steering Group. Then they will meet to do a final analysis.

9. Recreation Ground: The Rec committee is proceeding with tree work for safety reasons, following a detailed tree survey.

10. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: To note highways issues and agree any actions arising
a. Status of repairs to roads – TfB follow-up for white lines near the war memorial and poorly refreshed lines in Bletchley Road.
b. Dunton Road traffic – The Parish Council and affected residents are waiting for a new application to be submitted by Red Brick Farm.
c. Traffic Calming – Cllr. Higgins updated on traffic calming matters. SPC and its residents have the opportunity to trial a SID free for a week. Discussion planned with TVP on locations. The Council to review supplier quotes once evaluated further.

11. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required;

12. Finance:

d. To review the budget monitoring report – no comments were made and the budget approved.
e. To draw cheques and approve BACS payments

Web Development £52.50
Nev Gammon (Gift Voucher) £25
Clerk’s Salary (BACS) £654.87
Printer Cartridges £218.44
Florence Nightingale Trust £100
Football Goals £2371.20

Councillor’s General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda. The Clerk will be attending a data protection and freedom of information event in March on behalf of the Parish Council. Cllr. Morgan asked for Soulbury Road development to be added to the March meeting agenda. Cllr Smith confirmed his attendance at the NBPCC on January 10th and Cllr. Burgess raised concerns over the mud and debris that collects at the kerb on High Street North, close to the proposed development at 66 High Street North.

Date of next meeting: The Next Parish Council meeting will be on March 5th at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 22.13pm