February 2018 Parish Council Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Pavilion, Stewkley Recreation Ground on Monday 5 February 2018 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr K Higgins (Vice-Chair), Cllr M Burgess, Cllr G Morgan, Cllr A Pryke, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr P Smith, Cllr Janet Blake, PCSO Megan Harriett , PCSO Nathalie Hall and 13 members of the public.

1. Receive Apologies: Cllr B Bottomley, J Flewin

2. Open Forum:

Three representatives from Gigaclear updated the meeting on broadband works for the village which commence on Tuesday 6th February. Stewkley North is scheduled to be completed in April. Stewkley South is still in design phase with further updates expected.

13 residents attended the meeting and made comments on the following; planning application a) 17/04770/APP, g) CM/0005/18, the Soulbury Road development and the East West Rail development.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: to declare any interests. 6.f Cllr Burgess

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Monday 7th January 2018 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The minutes were agreed and signed.

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations.

a) 17/04770/APP – Removal of existing roof, raise existing external walls to create two storey dwelling – Cricketers Farm 76 High Street North (Revised application) – The council resolved to OBJECT to the application – A further revised application is expected which resolve the PC concerns.
b) 17/04882/APP – Erection of Agricultural Building – Kingsbridge Farm Dunton Road – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application
c) 17/04881/APP – Erection of Agricultural Barn – Kingsbridge Farm Dunton Road – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application
d) 18/00142/APP – Single storey side extension – 11 Fishweir – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application
e) 18/00237/APP – Single storey rear extension – 60 High Street South – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application
f) 18/00183/APP – Four agricultural buildings and temporary rural workers’ dwelling – Land off Dean Road – The council resolved to OBJECT to the application
CM/0005/18 – Red Brick Far – The council resolved to OBJECT to the application

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:

a. Neighbourhood Watch – In the light of feedback from TVP on recovered stolen goods, it was proposed to highlight the benefits of identity marking of all tools in the Grapevine
b. World War 1 Exhibition – 10/11 November – General discussion. To be added to March agenda pending clarification of event.
c. Bushes at the back of Manor Drive. Remedial work has been contracted. Soulbury Road – Nettles – Will be covered by SEA.
d. CU Phosco – EON – The Clerk has submitted all necessary information to Western Power to resolve charging codes.
e. Stewkley Rec Fest – July – PC agreed a grant of £600 to support overheads for free entry event.
f. Soulbury Road Development – Buffer consultation – Cllr Burgess will be meeting with concerned residents for proposals to be considered. Wider consultation planned for April GV.
g. East West Rail – consultation submission – Cllr Morgan to draft final version , following comments from residents and send a response on behalf of the Parish Council
h. Best Kept Village – PC accepted offer from a resident to manage our entry to the BKV competition for 2018.
i. Big Things Project – A resident will be looking into this opportunity in more detail and sharing with some of the village organisations.

7. Broadband: Covered in Open Forum

8. Neighbourhood Plan: Draft Plan is expected shortly for NPSG and councillors to comment .Cllr Morgan will coordinate comments/suggestions made by Cllrs and Janette Eustace will coordinate comments by the Steering Group. Then they will meet to do a final analysis.

9. Recreation Ground: To note any outstanding requirements and agree on any actions; No updates

10. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: To note highways issues and agree any actions arising
a. Status of repairs to roads – Cllr. Higgins advised that the bollard shell knocked down on build-out near Hayward Park has been replaced. Recommended that road problems be reported online for speedier follow-up.
b. Traffic Calming – Cllr. Higgins commented on new TfB guidelines for SIDs and explained proposals for locations in Stewkley. The PC agreed to a one week trial of a SID.

11. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required; No updates

12. Finance:

To review the budget monitoring report – Report to be re-issued prior to further discussions.
To draw cheques and approve BACS payments

BKV 2017 Expenses £22.37
REC Catering Equipment £110.36
Clerk’s Salary (BACS) £654.87
REC Website £224.39
Stewkley Rec Fest £600
REC Defib £600.00
REC Chairs £3111.66
REC Alarm £62.92

Councillor’s General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda. Cllr. Morgan raised concerns over the right of way closure at Cricketers Corner. The Clerk to investigate. Cllr Pragnell sought update on broken stiles.

Date of next meeting: The Next Parish Council meeting will be on March 5th at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 22.23pm