December 2017 Parish Council Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Pavilion, Stewkley Recreation Ground on Monday 4 December 2017 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr K Higgins (Vice-Chair), Cllr M Burgess, Cllr G Morgan, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr P Smith, Cllr B Bottomley, Cllr Janet Blake and five members of the public.

1. Receive Apologies: Cllr A Pryke

2. Open Forum: 5 residents attended the meeting and made comments on the following item on the agenda; REC tree care. AVDC representative Cllr Janet Blake updated the meeting on AV Broadband, Garden Town innovation week, the planning application at Red Brick Farm and matters concerning AVDC.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: to declare any interests. No interests declared.

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Monday 7th November 2017 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The minutes were agreed and signed.

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations.

a) 17/04186/APP – Single storey rear extension – 16 Bletchley Road Stewkley – The council resolved to SUPPORT the application

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:

a. VALP Update – Cllr G Morgan and Cllr P Smith will be working together to submit Stewkley Parish Council’s response to the VALP
b. Rec Defibrillator – The Clerk is seeking grants
c. Scout Hut – A draft budget is now in place. The Parish Council to confer on some additional questions raised by the draft solicitor.
d. Stewkley development projects – adult gym – The supplier for the adult gym has been engaged and delivery and installation is expected in early January 2018.
e. Ivy Lane – condition of bank by Village Hall – SEA to manage the maintenance of the bank in early January 2018 onwards.
f. Bushes at the back of Manor Drive – Cllr B Bottomley to request a third supplier quote. The Clerk will then move forward the work. Councillors decided to have the excessive growth cut back, rather than completely cleared.
g. CU Phosco – EON – The Clerk to investigate some immediate maintenance options with a third party supplier, as a contingency.
h. Graffiti – A significant improvement has been achieved from professional graffiti removal equipment.
i. Christmas Tree at the Village Hall – Thanks to be extended to residents who helped with the erection of the tree and especially to Terry Brown for supplying the tree. A donation to a nominated charity was agreed.
j. REC Tree Care – The SPC to support the REC’s immediate tree care requirements.
k. Budget – The budget will be signed off in the January 2018 meeting.

7. Broadband: To receive a progress update. Cllr. Janet Blake had reported that negotiations are being concluded for the acquisition of AVDC by another company and there had been a favourable reaction from the acquirer to Stewkley’s specific requests. An update may come as early as next week w/c December 11th.

8. Neighbourhood Plan: To receive an update from the Steering group and agree any actions arising; The NPSC Chairman gave a brief report on current progress. The budget was discussed and ongoing financials to be assessed.

9. Recreation Ground: To note progress towards the pavilion refurbishment and agree any actions. A bespoke cup cabinet is being made by Tofield’s; damage to the men’s toilet will be repaired at lowest cost and electrical supply to the sheds will be restored.

10.Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: To note highways issues and agree any actions arising
a. Status of repairs to roads – White lines on the High Street by Cricketers Corner and other SLOW signs noted.
b. Dunton Road traffic – Update on Red Brick Farm objections was discussed.
c. Traffic Calming – Cllr. Higgins updated on traffic calming matters. SPC and its residents have the opportunity to trial a SID free for a week. The Council to review supplier quotes once evaluated further.

11. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required;

12. Finance:

a. To review the budget monitoring report – no comments were made and the budget approved.
b. To draw cheques and approve BACS payments

Adult Gym Equipment £11280
Materials removal from the REC £708
Clerk’s Salary (BACS) £654.87
Village Hall Hire £234
Fireworks £350
Pavilion Hire £15
NP Insert – Grapevine £100 Graffiti removal £ 186.81

Councillor’s General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda. Additional stiles on ROW paths to be reported for repair by the Clerk. Discussion on the SPC website to be discussed in January meeting. Cllr. Morgan discussed residents request for more information on the developments with Denison Investments on the Soulbury Road development. SPC to provide details to DI of the 30 MPH gateway design for inclusion in the S106 agreement.

Date of next meeting: The Next Parish Council meeting will be on January 8th at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 22.16pm