August 2017 Parish Council Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Pavilion, Stewkley Recreation Ground on Monday 7 August 2017 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr K Higgins (Vice-Chair), Cllr M Burgess, Cllr G Morgan, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr P Smith, Natasha Pritchard (Clerk) and 10 members of the public.

1. Receive Apologies: Cllr B Bottomley, Cllr A Pryke, PCSO Paula Boston, Cllr Janet Blake

2. Open Forum:

A resident attended the Open Forum to get an update on what action is being taken against HGVs which are increasingly using Dunton Road.

A resident attended to highlight the accident at Cricketer’s Corner and to understand what will be done.

Two residents attended to highlight the issues surrounding children and dogs at the recreation ground and specifically the playground.
Cllr. Janet Blake highlighted the introduction of a new New Homes Bonus Micro Grant Funding Scheme which is open to voluntary and community sector organisations operating within a parish, as well as parish and town councils. Easily accessible micro grants up to £1,000 are available for a variety of purposes such as the refurbishment of village halls, buying new equipment, running costs, rent etc. and will be assessed on a monthly basis. Further Cllr. Blake will be one of the judges for the 5 star business awards on November 15th which recognise the best businesses, the best boss and the best employee that are based within Aylesbury Vale or trade within it. In addition that the VALP will be delivered to the cabinet on October 18th.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: to declare any interests. There were none.

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Monday 3rd July 2017 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The minutes were agreed by email and signed on Thursday 10th August.

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations.

a) 17/02643/AOP – Outline planning permission application – 7 Bletchley Road – The council resolved to OBJECT to the application
b)17/02343/APP – Attic conversion – The Well House – 16 Wing Road – The council resolved to OBJECT to the application

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:
a. Stewkley development projects – Cllr. Bottomley is waiting to get the supplier together with Mrs. Dawson the REC Chair. Waiting for dates and then we can move forward. ACTION: BB
b. Best Kept Village – The village came first in its category in this year’s Buckinghamshire Best Kept Village Competition, winning the DeFraine Cup. It is the third consecutive year Stewkley has won its category, last year having been voted the “best of the best” in competition against the previous year’s winners. It was agreed to host a lunch for the presentation party and village volunteers on Saturday 16th September. ACTION: NP/GM/PS/MB/CP
c. Pavilion listed on AVDC list of Community Assets – The Council voted unanimously in favour of this decision. ACTION: NP

7. Broadband: To receive a progress update. Cllr Blake confirmed that the current focus was on consolidation of the network, i.e. connecting those properties where pots had already been installed. Cllr K Higgins asked Cllr. Blake to support on a meeting request with AVB to discuss the future roll-out plan for Stewkley.

8. Neighbourhood Plan: To receive an update from the Steering group and agree any actions arising; NP Steering Committee Chair, Mr Dickens summarised on his monthly report. All Policies, Sites and Development Boundary & Open Spaces will require final decisions from the Council in the September meeting.

9. Recreation Ground: To note progress towards the pavilion refurbishment and agree any actions. None were received.

10. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: To note highways issues and agree any actions arising
a. Status of repairs to roads – A jet patcher has repaired potholes in HSN and one of the service roads on High Street North. One service road remains to be completed in coming weeks.
b. Dunton Road traffic – Bucks CC has received an application to operate a waste site at Red Brick Farm (Doherty’s). The Council is waiting to hear if it’s been validated and will therefore be considered.
c. Cricketer’s Corner: TfB has been contacted by Cllr Blake following the accident with a view to refresh some of the white lines, but it is unclear if this might need to await a future resurfacing programme. Meanwhile TfB confirmed that TVP is the only source of accident statistics and TVP does not record accidents which they do not attend.

11. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required; none were received.

12. Finance:
a. To review the budget monitoring report
b. To draw cheques and approve BACS payments

Pavilion Hire £45.00
Web Work £175.00
SEA £673.58
NP Exhibition Printing £329.01
Clerk’s Salary £487.94
Spinney – Petrol for strimmer £5.30

13. Councillor’s General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda. Cllr. Morgan requested a meeting to discuss budget monitoring. The clerk to organise a meeting in conjunction with budget planning for 2018. Cllr. Morgan queried the status of the Scout Hut lease: unresolved problems with drainage delaying finalisation of site plan necessary for lease. The Clerk to move the draft forward with approved solicitor. Cllr Burgess requested a bin to be considered for South Lane due to increased use by dog walkers. Cllr. Pragnell queried incident reports in the village. The Clerk to work with Cllr. Higgins on a suitable communication to be used for the noticeboards and website. Cllr. Higgins shared that the Autumn Spinney tidy-up would be on October 15th.

Date of next meeting: The next Parish Council meeting will be on September 4th at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 9.45pm