August 2016 – Parish Council Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Village Hall
Monday 1 August 2016 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr B Bottomley, Cllr M Burgess, Cllr G Morgan, Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr Pryke, Cllr P Smith, Janette Eustace (clerk) and 34 members of the public

1. Receive Apologies: , Cllr K Higgins, Cllr A Kennedy PCSO Paula Boston

2. Open Forum:. A resident attended the open forum to confirm the change of route for the footpath that currently runs across the site for the new scout hut. Two residents attended in connection with their planning application for 8 High Street North. A large number of residents and representatives from Dennison Investments attended in relation to the outline planning application for land at Soulbury Road. Questions were raised about the soil survey, the biodiversity survey, access, transport and the potential impact on infrastructure.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: Cllr P Smith declared an interest in agenda item 5d. Cllr M Burgess declared an interest in agenda item 5a.

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on 4 July 2016 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The minutes were agreed.

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations:

a. 16/02551/AOP – Land At Soulbury Road – Outline planning application with access to be considered and all other matters reserved for the erection of up to 85 residential units with associated vehicular access. Councillors felt that a time frame of three weeks was insufficient to read all of the published reports and consider the views of local people before coming to a view. The Clerk was asked to ask AVDC for an extension to the timetable. Cllrs agreed to hold a workshop to review all of the paperwork and to take the decision at the September meeting. The Clerk to post details of the extension and workshop onto notice boards and to notify Soulbury Parish Council of the potential development. ACTION: JE

b. 16/02411/APP – 91 HSS – Demolition of existing garage. Single storey front and side extensions. The Council resolved to SUPPORT the planning application
c. 16.02229/APP – 24 Manor Drive – Change from flat to pitch roof over existing garage. The Council resolved to SUPPORT the planning application
d. 04/02599/APP – Vicarage Farm – Appeal regarding removal of Condition 2 to allow non-ancillary occupation of annexe. The Council resolved that it did not wish to add any further comments.
e. 16/02089/ALB, 16/02090/AAD – The Swan 1 Chapel Square – Externally illuminated signage – confirmation of decision taken in July 2016. The Council resolved to SUPPORT the planning application
f. 16/01355/APP – 8 HSN – Demolition of existing garages, loft conversion – to review updates to the plan and re-consider decision taken in June 2016. The Council resolved that it would withdraw its objection to the planning application subject to the fitting of obscured glass into the bay window facing 10 High Street North and making it non-openable.
g. Milton Keynes expansion options – to decide whether to respond to the consultation document. The Council resolved not to comment at this time.

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:
a. Best Kept Village – Notification of award of Tindall Cup and Community Award. The Council expressed its appreciation to John Flewin and the group of volunteers who had helped with village improvements. A presentation will be held on 17 September with lunch in the Village Hall for the presentation group and volunteers. John Flewin offered to help with the arrangements.
b. Update regarding concerns over the water drainage in Ivy Lane. Information is being sought regarding previous actions that had been taken prior to the petition being sent to Buckinghamshire County Council and the Clerk was asked to forward these to Cllr Janet Blake. BCC will discuss the petition at the September Local Area Forum.
c. Notification from Stewkley Walkers re fallen branches on Circular Walk 3, request for classification of footpath re-routed around Kingsbridge Farm and marshy area in Spinney permissive path. It was agreed that these issues would be investigated.
d. Simply Walk Programme- to note proposed walk for Wingrave and Stewkley. The initiative was noted and will be forwarded to Stewkley Walkers.
e. New national phone number “105” to be launched by electricity network to report issues. Noted.

7. Vale of Aylesbury Draft Local Plan – consultation ends 5 Sept 16. Cllrs agreed to forward their comments to Cllrs Prkye and Smith who will then amalgamate them into a response and circulate to the Council for approval prior to submitting a formal response.

8. Neighbourhood Plan: To receive an update from the Steering group and agree any actions arising. It was reported that working groups were progressing well but had identified overlaps with other groups. A meeting of all working groups was planned to discuss this and ensure a consensus was reached regarding recommendations. A call for potential development sites had been launched and discussion was taking place with land owners. Cllrs agreed to appoint a consultant to review the findings, investigate the capacity of sewage systems, act as critical friend and support report writing. Neil Dickens will take up the references provided prior to a contract being issued.
ACTION: JE/ND

9. Recreation Ground:
a. To note progress towards the pavilion refurbishment and agree any actions arising. It was reported that building control drawings would be sent to local builders to update their estimates.
b. Stewkley Big Barby and Music Event. Cllrs gave a vote of thanks to the Recreation Committee for organising an excellent community event that was extremely successful and enjoyed by all who attended.

10. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting – to note highways issues and agree any actions arising
a. Roadworks in the High Street. It was reported that the next phase of repairs to the High Street was scheduled for October.
b. Replacement of litter bins – this was due to start in August
c. Overgrown trees, hedges and ditches – carried forward to a future meeting

11. Website: To receive an update on progress towards the development of the new website. No progress reported, the website is due to go live in August.

12. Spinney: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required. None was reported

13. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required. £20 had been spent for tractor fuel.

14. Finance
a. To review the budget monitoring report. The report was agreed.
b. To draw cheques:

Grass Cutting £386.31
Sewage Reports £705.12
Village Hall hire £23.00
GV Advert £25.00
Clerk £519.65
Printing £27.71
Fuel £20.00

15. Councillor’s General Items: to report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda.
– A memorial for William Pearson was agreed

Date of next meeting: 5 September 2016

The meeting closed at 10.15pm

Signed: Date: