April 2017 – Parish Council Meeting minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of Stewkley Parish Council held in the Village Hall
On Monday 3 April 2017 at 7.30pm

Attendees: Cllr J Wodey (Chair), Cllr B Bottomley, Cllr M Burgess, Cllr K Higgins, Cllr A Kennedy, Cllr G Morgan Cllr C Pragnell, Cllr P Smith, Cllr Janet Blake, Janette Eustace (temp clerk) and 10 members of the public

1. Receive Apologies: Cllr A Pryke , PCSO Paula Boston, Natasha Pritchard (Clerk)

2. Open Forum:

A representative attended the Open Forum to ask for permission to dig a hole at the site of the new scout hut to explore drainage options. He also gave an update regarding diversion of the footpath which has not yet been finalised and, as it is a condition of the planning permission, will delay the project. Consultation and legal processes will take at least ten weeks.
A resident attended to raise an issue regarding the AVDC planning meeting which considered the Soulbury Road planning application. He commented that whilst over 100 objections had been made, no residents had attended the meeting and suggested that people had not been properly informed of their right to appear. Councillors informed Mr Atkinson that the Clerk had contacted AVDC to clarify how the process was managed. Mr Atkinson was also concerned about the drainage issues raised by residents and was informed that a condition was included in the outline planning to ensure that any future development must produce sufficient draining before it could be approved.

A resident attended to answer any questions councillors may have regarding their planning application for Dove Barn – there were none.

A resident attended to raise concerns about AV Broadband connections in Tythe Close and Tythe Gardens and was advised by Mr Flewin that they would be connected at some stage but that priority was being given to areas with higher sign ups.

Two residents attended to raise concerns about the relatively low numbers of residents that attended the neighbourhood planning event on 11 March and whether their views would be representative of the village as a whole. It was explained that residents who had not attended the meeting would be able to provide feedback until 15 April and that a form was available from the council’s website or from the Clerk. Concerns were also raised about the red, amber and green colours used to identify sites in the documentation as these could influence opinion and clarification was sought regarding the reason for the colour coding.

A representative attended to provide an update regarding AV Broadband – as minuted below, and Best Kept Village. He confirmed that the annual Litter Blitz would be held in May supported by village groups including the Players, WI, History Group and Walkers. The flowers at the entry to the village had been renewed. The WI would be planting flowers in the village pump; the Grapevine would be providing hanging baskets for all four bus shelters and watering had been arranged for all displays. A notice in the GV has asked for volunteers for weeding out on 13/14 May. Notice boards will be monitored and updated.

Cllr Blake provided an update regarding the County Council’s bid for unitary status and advised that the Vale of Aylesbury Local Plan would go to full council in July followed by a further period of consultation.

3. Declaration of interest in items on the agenda: to declare any interests. There were none.

4. To confirm the minutes of the previous PC Meeting on Monday 6th March 2017 and deal with any matters arising not covered on the agenda. The minutes were agreed and signed

5. Planning: To discuss planning applications and make recommendations.

a) 17/01011/APP – Dove Barn High Street South – Extension – The Council resolved to SUPPORT the application.
b) 17/00615/APP – 3 Tythe Gardens – Extension – The Council resolved to SUPPORT the application.
c) 17/00818/COUAR – Old Lower Dean Farm Dean Road – The Council resolved to SUPPORT the application and noted that Dean Road is in a very poor state and is outside the 30mph limit. It needs to be resurfaced prior to occupation for safety purposes as there are now large number of house on Dean Road and safety is a concern.
d) 17/00913/APP – 1 Parsons Walk – Single storey rear extension, porch with new entrance door & First floor windows. This application was not on the agenda as it was added after publication. It was considered as the notice expires before the next meeting of the Parish Council. The Council resolved to SUPPORT the application

6. To discuss correspondence and communication received since last meeting and decide on any actions:
a) Stewkley development projects – Cllr Morgan gave an update regarding the voting process which would be advertised on the website and notice boards. Boxes will be placed in key locations in the village. The budget was approved for either a half or full page advert to be placed in the Grapevine.
ACTION: GM
b)Farm Close – moss issue – Stewkley Enterprise agency is dealing with this. Clarification regarding future responsibility to be sought from BCC. ACTION: NP
c)Rules and regulations relating to Stewkley (Lawn Cemetery) Burial Ground + related fees. Delegated responsibility was granted to the Clerk – All memorials and inscriptions are to be subject to the approval of the Parish Clerk who has devolved powers on behalf of the Parish Council. A copy of every inscription and a drawing, illustration or photograph showing the form and dimensions of every memorial to be erected must be received by the Parish Clerk for approval. All questions as to the fitness of any inscription on the consecrated part of the burial ground are determinable by the bishop of the Diocese. The council agreed not to raise the fees at this time and to review them again in the future.
d) War Memorial – future upkeep – it was reported that a notice had been included in the April Grapevine asking for volunteers and responses are awaited
e) Great War Armistice Day 1918 in 2018 – the Council confirmed its support for an exhibition to commemorate the armistice and suggested that the school might like to be involved – the Clerk to establish what might be expected from the Council ACTION: NP
f) Annual Parish Meeting – Monday 15th May – Tea, coffee and biscuits to be served at 7pm – meeting to commence at 7.30pm. The Clerk to ask village groups whether they would like to submit a report. Results of voting for Stewkley development projects will be announced. ACTION: NP
g) Council website improvements – Cllr Morgan and the Clerk were thanked for their hard work in getting the website up to date. Cllr Bottomley to explore ways of adding projects to the community area of the website. ACTION: BB

7. Broadband: To receive a progress update. John Flewin gave an update in the Open Forum. The damaged bollard by the War Memorial had been replaced. Damage to roads and pavements and grass verges were also being repaired. The lamp post in Dove Street had not been damaged by AV Broadband and the Clerk was asked to get quotations for the repair work. The works will now continue to Dean Road. Homes will begin to be connected at the end of April.

8. Neighbourhood Plan: To receive an update from the Steering group and agree any actions arising;

a) Update on the signature of the terms of reference document – this was agreed and will be carried out at the next steering group meeting

b) Discussion on document received from proposed consultant – the council agreed to sign the agreement subject to the following changes,
i. Clause 6 – admin charge waived
ii. Clause 10 and 19 – will not apply
iii. Clause 14 – amended to 90 days and the right to stop work will not apply
iv. Clause 22 – DLP will not give a short notice period
v. Clause 23/24 – copyright will remain with the Parish Council and the Council will allow DLP to share the plan with other clients

c) Other consultation date – this will be discussed at the next steering group meeting

9. Recreation Ground: To note progress towards the pavilion refurbishment and agree any actions – it was reported that the development had been slightly delayed due to sub-contractor issues but was still on schedule for a spring grand opening. Cllr Wodey reported that the stolen mowers had been replaced – the Clerk will liaise with insurers to recoup the costs. ACTION: NP

10. Highways, Footways and Footpaths Lighting: To note highways issues and agree any actions arising
a) Status of repairs to roads – no new issues were raised
b) Lamp post – Dove Street – the damaged post and faulty light to be repaired
c) Cllr Bottomley reported that the bins in Bletchley Road had not been emptied and asked for this to reported to AVDC and to ask why these bins are frequently overlooked.
ACTION: NP

11. Stewkley Wildlife Reserve: To discuss and authorise expenditure incurred or actions required; the purchase of new leaflet dispensers was approved

12. Finance:
a) To review the budget monitoring report – this was carried forward to the May meeting
b) To draw cheques –

Stewkley PCC Gift £35.00
Rose Food £3.00
NP Web Work £341.25
AVDC £84.00
Clerk’s salary £477.86
Jenny Wodey for gift £100.00
BALC Subscription £292.17
NBPPC £20.00
Swarco £252.00
Alan Dickens £263.40
c) Signature of internet banking form – the form was signed by Cllrs Wodey and Smith. The Clerk to set out the new procedure for the Council to agree and amend the Council’s standing orders to be agreed at the annual meeting of the Parish Council

13. Councillor’s General Items: To report on meetings attended on behalf of the Parish Council and agree whether to add to the next agenda.
The council approved a budget of approx. £60 for the WI to purchase flowers for the village pump and potentially a small cost for preparing safety signs at the five village entrances. Permission was given to put community running posters on the noticeboards. Additional points of historic interest in the village were being researched with the potential to erect notices/boards.

Date of next meeting: Parish Council Meeting and the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council on Tuesday 2nd May 2017.

The Annual Parish Meeting is on the Monday 15th May starting at 7pm with tea/coffee and biscuits and the meeting starts at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 9.50pm